Glove mileage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have cutting gloves, which are Kevlar lined on the back of the left hand. I cut all last year with them and most of this year before I finally wore a hole in one of the fingers. Probably around 7 5-80 cords.

attachment.php

I got them from Amick's. These gloves just can't be beat for cutting. They also have gloves that are made with the same stuff but without the Kevlar. They're a great glove for general work on the woodpile.

Bailey's has a glove from Youngstown that are similar to these though I've never tried them.

Years ago for wood handling I starting using those yellow fuzzy TSC gloves that come in a package of 10.

No they are not the best gloves, they are adequate. Because they so cheap I have 'em all over.

Yes the fingers wear out but I duck tape 'em.

I started using them because I thought I was paying too much for other better gloves that would fail in 2 weeks or less.

====

Boy they be proud of them....:jawdrop::jawdrop:

Those aren't really "work gloves". I have a single one I wear sometimes when I'm butchering. Cheaper than stitches and keeps my blood out of the ground meat, which keeps all my family happy

Those aren't really "work gloves". I have a single one I wear sometimes when I'm butchering. Cheaper than stitches and keeps my blood out of the ground meat, which keeps all my family happy

Yes, these are work gloves. Not sure if you noticed, but the price is per dozen. I haven't bought any, just got the two sample pairs, but they last well enough that I will buy some when these give up the ghost.

Yes, these are work gloves. Not sure if you noticed, but the price is per dozen. I haven't bought any, just got the two sample pairs, but they last well enough that I will buy some when these give up the ghost.

My mistake then. Thought they were the kevlar cut proof gloves to use when working with knives. Price seemed good for a dozen pairs from what I saw.

My mistake then. Thought they were the kevlar cut proof gloves to use when working with knives. Price seemed good for a dozen pairs from what I saw.

I'm sure they are similar, but they are just marketed as work gloves. They hold up extremely well, but don't have the splinter protection that a leather glove provides. I don't mind too much because they are much cooler, and my hands tend to be on the HOT side..:)

I have yet to find a pair last me more than 2 weeks when splitting and handling without developing a hole in the fingers. I have tried the kevlar, leather, cotton heck I even tried an old pair of firefighter gloves made from heavy pigskin and the leather wore through in a couple of weeks.

I have yet to find a pair last me more than 2 weeks when splitting and handling without developing a hole in the fingers. I have tried the kevlar, leather, cotton heck I even tried an old pair of firefighter gloves made from heavy pigskin and the leather wore through in a couple of weeks.

Same here.
Duct tape over the holes gets on your nerves after a bit don't it?

Try the Dolmar gloves. I figured I would have 'em trashed in a week, but they keep holding up on the contact pads.
I just wish they had leather backs to keep the thorns out.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back