Going rate for skidder and operator

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK... I'll come right out and admit it... I don't have a friggin' clue what an FOP and ROP are.
Please enlighten me??
Oh you should have asked me! Ok...I'll come right out and admit it...the only thing I knew on this thread was ROPS and FOPS. Ok two things then. Oh and the S is for system. ..lol guess people could figure that one out.
Pretty much all new trucks are equipped with ROPS now. There is one or two companies that won't let you rent you own personal truck on a job if you don't have ROPS these days. Its a certified structure built into the cab Frame.
Maybe only manufactured up in Canada,
IDK? But FOPS would be definitely across the board.

$80 per hour. If it's not a new, big piece of gear and you're running fly by night.

If not, start at $80 and then add in extra fuel, machine maintenance, and other things associated with a large and new machine.

After that you look at liability insurance, licensing, etc.. Add that to your cost, and then then you find your price per hour.

Also, ROPS is a "RollOver Protective System." It keeps you from being crushed if the machine turns turtle. FOPS is "Falling Object Protective System." It saves your ass if you knock a tree down on the cab.

Back