Golden Farm Boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It almost makes you sympathetic to that ferarribrian clown selling the new saws (...or should I say advertising the new saws. Sound like he's run out of supply and has disappeared.) the way idiots will pay these prices for these saws...that are of course more than what the dealer will charge you. I just wish I could be there when he walks into a dealer or tells his buddy, "Man, I just got a smokin deal on this saw, I only paid $450 for it!" OR when he walks into his dealership and sees a brand new one sitting on the shelf for $100 less.

Morons. But that is the beauty of capitalism and is what drives this country. More power to the seller! Good for him.

Jeff

You think that's bad, look at this one on ebay. It did not sell, as the Reserve was not met. And the top bid was $723.00 for a modded new 361.

Stihl MS 361 Wrap Pro Chainsaw Super Saw Must See !!!!
Item number: 7719042074
Current bid: US $723.00 (Reserve not met)

Holy crap!! My dealer here has a barely used (like less than 5 hours on it) 290 sitting on the shelf for $250. Has a case, tools, and owners manual to boot. It never ceases to amaze me what people will pay on ebay for stuff. Crazy!

Gary

Five years ago I purchased an 029, not 290 at a Pawn Shop for $115. It was almost new and ran like new. My nephew now has this saw and runs it hard, puts it away wet. Stihl running strong!!! I need to have a man-to-man with him about maintenance.

The saw was listed in forestry equipment on ebay. I wonder if those clowns didn't realize there are more saws under the uhhh, ummm oh yeah, chainsaw category.

Not to mention they obviously never even checked out the MSRP on that thing. Sad thing is, this happens all the time. Though like FHCW said, if I tried to do it I'd get enough for a burger and fries.

thats flat out NUTS! if I could sell saws like that, well, I'd have no need for work again, just buy stihls cheap, clean em up real nice, and sell em again on ebay, double, or triple the profit from it.

That is insane. I quite frequently see saws go for rediculos prices on ebay. One of my favorites is the near $500 056s It was a good saw in its day but they are a piece of history now. No one buys one to seriously use it just get a new saw or a used saw at a good price. I personally like this one044 blown up but in great condition Alright I would buy a saw like that for like 100-200 maybe but look at this guys buy it now and I bet his reserve is around there too. You could cheaper buy a new 044 if you were going to buy a piston and cyllinder from the dealership. :dizzy:

That is totaly incredible that, that boat anchor of a saw sold for 560 dollars. I mean yeah it was in good condition,but no, its not that good of a saw. A 290 would be more practical of a saw and you can buy one for like way less than $200. Of that cost.

Back