gonna build me one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gremlin

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Ok guys here the scoop. Im gonna build me a hot nasty saw. But i have a few questions as i have never come close to building a hot saw. I have built many normal wood saws with great success. I build fast cars for a living and have built many two stroke bikes and four wheelers. So the engine knowlege is mostly there. My main Question is do u start with a basic saw platform and build to suit? Or do u start from scratch? If u start with a already built saw then what is a good saw to start with? If not then where do i start? I have a honda 125cc motor off my bike ha ha. Thanks ahead of time for all your time and effort to help. It is much appreciated:cheers:

Step 1: cut off the transmission.

ok so i can use this motor to build a hotsaw? how would i go about attaching a bar and chain or even handles to hold it? Is there a basic idea of this or just use my imagination? Im also a cert welder so i can make just about anything

I have never built one myself, but have been racing for a while. Frame and bar mounts are up to your imagination. Dennis Cahoon had a thread here about building a 250 up. Romeo has also built a few bike saws (three I think). I don't know a damn thing about motors, so I will leave that up to you. Weight is the biggest issue.

thanks for the pics. ill be starting on it in the next few weeks. ill take pics of the build as i go

Latest posts

Back