gonna get it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you litefoot, but I really was brutal on this one, and for no real reason other than it's beat. Not his fault.

But thank you also for making my point, I don't think this is an average user, there has been way too much research and soul searching going on. He wants a "saw", not just a saw.
This can be done lowbuck with a used one, but he really wants a new one, so yeah, you and I are on the same page, 361.
:yourock:

Last edited:
You can get a Dolmar 5100 for $400, I think it would fit your needs perfect and it is a better machine than the 290/310.

Husqvarna 346XP ?? I have read that this is a really good saw..just might fit my application...it is a pro saw..:popcorn: Dan

Last edited:
What was that other Dan's name? I just can't remeber it now!!!

I am not a fan of them, I hear the newer one is better. I can't say.

Hey Red...ok I'm tired and confused...just got off the phone with the husky dealer...his two cents worth was 353 for $400....359 for $500..he said that they both have metal crankcase not plastic...maybe i need more beer and just go get a saw...any last suggestions?? Dan :greenchainsaw:

353 is a mag saw, a little tourqier than the old 346, not sure how it compares with the new, but a nice buy at that price. But 18" is probably the limit. Nice light saw that is fun to run all day.

359 is anemic stock, but it responds VERY well to a muffler mod, and they LOVE port work, just don't tell the dealer:greenchainsaw: Stock, it's pretty happy with a 20", opened up, a 24" makes it happy.

:clap: thanx for everyones help...there sure is a lot of reading on this site...I'll report back to all when i get a saw...:greenchainsaw:

Just one more thing.......

WHEN you buy the saw, take it home and RUN IT!!!! PLEASE do not set it on the shelf and wonder if you bought the right saw!!

your all right after all!!

Sawinredneck...ok i will work it good, I have about 6 ash to drop and split..Later, Dan :) :popcorn:

Hmmmmmm....................This happens to me all the time.....

Yeah. you're like Ernest P. Worrell wondering which hat, shirt, vest and pants to wear....they're all the same....white/orange with a lot of 6's on them.:)

I like my MS310; but I'm not a pro and haven't held enough to know the differences; mine does what i need it to do.

KRS

I like my MS310; but I'm not a pro and haven't held enough to know the differences; mine does what i need it to do.

You should modify the muffler and you'll like it even more.

I did that to mine. Search '029 Muffler Mod' on this site and get to work!

this can't end now!

Hey before this post gets to old, I looked at a husky 460...i thought it was a good saw with 60.3 cc and 3.7 h.p. does any body have one? DW :dizzy: :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back