Got a chance to run my $55 550 today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaisedByWolves

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
And I think I may have a new favorite Homelite!

Man O Man dies this thing sing, allmost made me not want to wear earmuffs it sounded so good but that is simply not an option with this one.

Imagine all the torque, grunt and snark of the 925, only turning 3-4k faster in the cut.:D I like it!

So far Im kinda stuck with the nasty rocked chain that came with it. I was able to do a fair job of sharpening it with the grandberg, but at 30-40 strokes per tooth my enthusiasum got the better of me and I decided enuf, Im cuttin it now.

I tried to get the wife to take some action shots, but she just looked at me funny and went back to watching the game. (I made her bring in the wood today while I played, so she wasnt going for it)

Heres some post workout pics.

It grew a beard......

attachment.php

Udder cide.....

attachment.php

Now I think Im going to have to hunt up a 650 and 750 so its not lonesome.

Hell, mabye even get its lil bros 350 and 450!:D

Beautiful saw RBW, *glowin' green* but stop cuttin straw bales and try it on wood (jk jk) :D Looks like you have still got lots of meat on that chain too btw, and oh, did I say nice saw? What a steal for 55$ Me want a deal like that too!

:cheers:

Hey sprig, come on over and Ill let you take it for a ride!

Pick up Oldsaw and p38 on your way.

I may have to look into the carb or put a carb boot on this one due to it having some strange habits.

The L needle needed to be backed way out to get good off idle acceleration, Idled fine but hiccuped when reved.

Up top it sounded GOOD and blew lots of beautiful 32:1 smoke, these two things combined made me thing the boot might be cracked.

Yeah Sprig, theres lots of life left in the chain, its just the most snaggle toothed thing I have yet to run, and this is after I Did my best with it.

The teeth point off in different directions and the rakers are anywhere between .035 and .055! Sad......

This one is what made me decide on getting a grinder.:D

Back