Got me a 560XP sittin' here boys!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at the Husqvarna dealer yesterday and the Husky Rep was there, so I asked about the 555/560/562. He told me two interesting things. One, they are only going to import two models, the 555 and the 560XP or 562XP, but that choice hasn't been made. I put in my vote for the large mount 562XP. Second, and this is the bad news, they won't be available until April 2011. So, now I have heard Sept 2010, Oct 2010, First of the year 2011, and now April 2011. We ought to get a pool going.:D

I haven't heard anything different on the date yet, but I haven't heard anything at all recently. I'll try to get an update soon. 372's are backordered for two months, so who knows what's up with the 555/562. (No one has said a word about the 365XT either)

Interesting that you would prefer the large mount version. It's really only here in the Northeast that anyone feels it might be necessary. If there is any weight penalty associated with the large mount, then I'm strongly against it. The ability to swap bars with a 372 is not worth a half pound of weight in an otherwise perfectly balanced saw. I told my contacts that even if I could order both, I'd only stock the small mount. It was fine on the 257/262 and 357/359 saws, so it will be fine on this saw as well.

However, the way I understand it, if the large mount does appear, it will be as a third model because most of the market prefers the small mount.

Spike, I also would prefere the 560xp, provided the stated weight difference vs. the 562xp is there, but it isn't a big deal. ;)

The last picture I found of the 560 is in post #402, and it show the lower air filter cover of the 555 and the "gray" 560 - not the higher one of the 562xp.

I was hoping these might be out soon. I'm kinda wanting a 60cc saw for my small saw.

Big mount bar here, I have a 16, 2 20's, 24, 28 that all fit the big mount and nothing for a small mount 3/8 setup. Thats a lot of money for bars and chains on top of the cost of the saw

Anyone know if you can port a saw with an Autotune carb? I know this saw isn't quite on the market yet but like on the 576XP? I'm thinking I read it had been attempted but not great results?

Mye only concern with the small mount is that the slimmer bar tails may not be ideal with 3/8x8, and that they may come with a small 7-spline drum.

I have never tried 3/8x8 with a small mount bar before.

Last edited:
Anyone know if you can port a saw with an Autotune carb? I know this saw isn't quite on the market yet but like on the 576XP? I'm thinking I read it had been attempted but not great results?

Hey Matt, sounds like this saw wont need any porting... :cheers:

Bah humbug:) Stock anything needs modified. It's a rare saw that doesn't respond well to porting. I'm curious about the AT too. Doesn't seem like there a consistent answer to that question on a ported saw.

Figured that statement would get a response :hmm3grin2orange:

Bah humbug:) Stock anything needs modified. It's a rare saw that doesn't respond well to porting. I'm curious about the AT too. Doesn't seem like there a consistent answer to that question on a ported saw.

Brad, have you ported any of the autotune carbed Husky's? Will the carb respond to the porting? Good results or disappointing?

I haven't heard anything different on the date yet, but I haven't heard anything at all recently. I'll try to get an update soon. 372's are backordered for two months, so who knows what's up with the 555/562. (No one has said a word about the 365XT either)

Interesting that you would prefer the large mount version. It's really only here in the Northeast that anyone feels it might be necessary. If there is any weight penalty associated with the large mount, then I'm strongly against it. The ability to swap bars with a 372 is not worth a half pound of weight in an otherwise perfectly balanced saw. I told my contacts that even if I could order both, I'd only stock the small mount. It was fine on the 257/262 and 357/359 saws, so it will be fine on this saw as well.

However, the way I understand it, if the large mount does appear, it will be as a third model because most of the market prefers the small mount.

This rep said he just received the email over the weekend, so it sounded like hot gossip to me. As for the 372XT, I think that it was much more popular than they thought it was going to be. 99% of the buyers (my local Husky dealer included), don't even know it's changed.

Why do I want the large mount? Well, I have a good supply of bars. But I'm getting ahead of myself, because it's not red and black........yet;)

Latest posts

Back