Got me a 560XP sittin' here boys!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
560 was supposed to have small bar mount, 562 large. Looks like no 560 right now, just 562xp. Seems like small bar mount on the 562, but we wont know until it comes out. Either way, I want one.

Thanks Don. I had actually purchased a new 346xp ($450) a few weeks ago and decided to return it, and just wait for the new models.

Thanks Don. I had actually purchased a new 346xp ($450) a few weeks ago and decided to return it, and just wait for the new models.
I bought a new 346xp ($475), 3 days ago, and will keep it. Still one of the best saws ever made :)

I do want a 562xp though...

Hmmmm, the 560/562xp and 555 will surely not replace the 346xp in my use, but I am sure that Spike is right that it will "steal" some sales from it
- but probably more from other models....

Hmmmm, the 560/562xp and 555 will surely not replace the 346xp in my use, but I am sure that Spike is right that it will "steal" some sales from it
- but probably more from other models....

Troll,
No scientific info to add here other then having run both side by side and both were supposedly "un-altered" . after having run both at the GTG no one I saw looked at the 346 again to pick it up and run it again. Everyone gathered around the 560 for a second run though. I'm told a ported 346 is a different breed of saw but I have no experience with one. Knowing what $ a decent port job would cost, I would rather purchase the 560 and run it stock( until Brad or Jasha figure out how to up that ante).

there is a new girl in the classroom and she shur is purty....

Troll,
No scientific info to add here other then having run both side by side and both were supposedly "un-altered" . after having run both at the GTG no one I saw looked at the 346 again to pick it up and run it again. Everyone gathered around the 560 for a second run though. I'm told a ported 346 is a different breed of saw but I have no experience with one. Knowing what $ a decent port job would cost, I would rather purchase the 560 and run it stock( until Brad or Jasha figure out how to up that ante).

there is a new girl in the classroom and she shur is purty....
It's just that everyone wanted to try out the new saw, as the 346 has been around for 11 years. Still a great saw and I will always have one or two of em :cheers:

It's just that everyone wanted to try out the new saw, as the 346 has been around for 11 years. Still a great saw and I will always have one or two of em :cheers:

I am sure that is at least part of it! ;)

Nope Sunfish, That 560xp was really that much stronger.

With 10cc and one hp more, it should damn well be much faster - the saws are in different size classes!

Wait for the 550xp, before comparing to the 346xp!

That's the way I see it :pumpkin2:

Not trying to be a PIA but there was pretty much every Husky/Jonnyred made at the GTG. does it make anybody feel better if we said we ran it next to a 357 and if I remember correct Spike even had a ported 359 he brought. We keep bringing up the 346 because power to weight its a great saw, almost close to a 200t if you ask me. Power to weight and "Size" made the 560 so impressive for me.

Not trying to be a PIA but there was pretty much every Husky/Jonnyred made at the GTG. does it make anybody feel better if we said we ran it next to a 357 and if I remember correct Spike even had a ported 359 he brought. We keep bringing up the 346 because power to weight its a great saw, almost close to a 200t if you ask me. Power to weight and "Size" made the 560 so impressive for me.

Not trying to argue. From all I've heard, I will own a 560/62xp ASAP!

But I'm pretty sure it will not replace my 346s', only time will tell :pumpkin2:

Ani't read all 27 pages yet but I will.Nice looking saw,looks like it will set up when you sit it down and for sure the outboard clutch and the fact its a husky and not a dolmar should make it handle just fine, huh ST.

Last edited:
Ani't read all 27 pages yet but I will.Nice looking saw,looks like it will set up when you sit it down and for sure the outboard clutch and the fact its a husky and not a dolmar should make it handle just fine, huh ST.

It sure helps, as Husky puts a lot more thought into such things as handling than the German brands usually do.

I can understand that some don't care though, if they are costumed to long bars and/or much larger than 50-60cc saws. Some will disregard the difference just out of brand bias as well....:chainsawguy:

I had a nice chat with my dealer on the way back from the cottage today. He found out that the 555 will be released for sale here by dec 7th - but no news about the 560xp and/or 562xp yet.....:popcorn::popcorn:

Last edited:
Way to go Niko! I bet that was a good conversation. Very cool man! Thats not far away at all for you. Good deal.:cheers:

It sure helps, as Husky puts a lot more thought into such things as handling than the German brands usually do.

I can understand that some don't care though, if they are costumed to long bars and/or much larger than 50-60cc saws. :
Yup any50 or 60cc saw feels nimble after 6 hours wrastlin an 066. To me Mntngals 260 feels like a light weight smooth as a sewing machine. The 562 looks like it mite be a great back yard saw maybe have to try one.

Latest posts

Back