Got my first felling gig to try my new MS170. How much should I charge?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can a Ms170 pull enough bar to safety cut a 3ft across tree?

Maybe I'm just used to running big saws, but I don't view a 170 as much over a limbing saw at best.

Anyhow as for as a price to charge, well it is your neighbor. I would charge maybe enough to cover a decent supper, carton of smokes, beer, etc.... $100ish.
Kind of the one hand washes the other thing.

Last summer I gave my neighbor a bunch of firewood for campfires. He came by one day after hunting season with easily 30lbs of meat for me to "pay" for the firewood. Moose and caribou... steaks, burger, jerky, etc... nom nom nom!
I can't wait till he needs more wood! hahaha!
I've got a 16 inch bar. I think I might spring for an 18.

I've got a 16 inch bar. I think I might spring for an 18.
Hey I just remembered. There's this guy piltz on ebay. He sells hot saw kits for saws like yours. He has bigger bars for them too. He'd have you all fixed up then you'll be ready for that tree!

Hey I just remembered. There's this guy piltz on ebay. He sells hot saw kits for saws like yours. He has bigger bars for them too. He'd have you all fixed up then you'll be ready for that tree!
I have heard of some guy called mastermind who supes up saws. Do u think he could get my saw on the right level for this?

I have heard of some guy called mastermind who supes up saws. Do u think he could get my saw on the right level for this?
Mister mastermind is a good porter but i dont know if he can do your 170 cut like the 661 , put your brain in your head please
you make questions like a 5 years old child,

PPE wont keep a tree from killing you. This guys not ready for a tree this size but then again, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
Yes man i agree, but now try to open his stupid head and explain this to him , 100 peoples tell him the same and he say bull............. so ........

Latest posts

Back