Got Wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worthless weather guessers said it was going to be in the upper 20s and snow from yesterday until Monday.

I swear they have a "spin the wheel" and that's all they use, if they are right 20% of the time they pat themselves on the back.

5 oclock btuless black spruce

20161126_171410.jpg

2c/36f here 75/68 in the house with the draft closed ;)

Nice load of btuless wood there Dancan,but what are we gonna do when winter gets here?

Gave 3+ cord of that away today to someone that needed some wood .
I know where I can find some if I need it .

20161113_123433.jpg

20161113_123437.jpg

20161113_123444.jpg

20161113_123516.jpg

20161113_123502_HDR.jpg

Don't be so cheap , open up that draft a little bit LOL

I've got a friend that recently bought a house to fix up and flip. He dropped 5 Doug fir in the back yard and offered it up first come first serve. I made off with 10 or so 8' logs that were 14" - 24" diameter with one oddball short piece that was more than 25". This pic is most of it, I got most of another row stacked across the top.

by wood4heat on Arboristsite.com

I have another friend who cleared some land down the road from me and thinks he has 2 trailer loads of 12" - 20" Doug fir cut to 14' logs. On his trailer that's probably 8 - 10 logs per load. He's looking for somewhere to drop them and called me. When it rains it pours!

Definitely a warming trend. The coldest it's been in a year was last Christmas @ -24F
I remember last year on Christmas day taking a walk to see the local house lights at my Sister's in Oshawa after Christmas dinner and I was in a T-shirt and running shoes. No snow and very mild.

Cherry that wasn't all of itView attachment 539600 View attachment 539601with a Lil bit of echo wood chewer
Cherry eh, I recognize the bark right off. I cut and split about two or three cords of it this Fall.
Got it in log form from a local landowner for about $100 a cord in log form. He also has LOTS more and also some Sugar Maple.
Give me Maple and Cherry and I'm happy.

I remember last year on Christmas day taking a walk to see the local house lights at my Sister's in Oshawa after Christmas dinner and I was in a T-shirt and running shoes. No snow and very mild.

Last night a guy came by to grab some wood. Out of wood, furnace broke or something like that. Anyhow, he had 2 kids with him, they are all out there loading the truck in T Shirts and shorts. Was about 5*! My Mom would have tanned our asses for going outside without warm clothes on!

Had a guy that I worked with several years ago that would never dress up. Office job and he would park in a heated garage, and use auto start at work.
He kept laughing when I'd walk in with a heavy coat, gloves, etc on. (Some of that cause the heater in my diesel truck was weak).
Anyhow one day it's about -15* and we get a call from Mr only wears a T Shirt. His truck broke down and he's "dying" from the cold. We let him stay there for a good 1/2 hr. Kept calling him back with stuff like... cut your seats open and crawl inside, set the truck on fire, lay on your back and pee on yourself, etc. Ahahaha.

Tell you what, he walked in the next day with a parka that could have kept a guy warm at -70*,with a 50mph wind!

Back