Greetings, an Introduction and a Question....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu in Tokyo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm a Canadian living in Tokyo Japan, my lovely wife and I run her family's business, a liquor shop. I'm a weekend warrior on the woodworking front. I recently had the great luck to be able to take as much hardwood from a rebuilding sight just up the street from where we live. There are all kinds of trees on site, about 50 in all, and most of them of a usable size.

The guys doing the demolition of the site (to build a new apartment building) are more than happy to see me take the wood, as the have to pay to have it hauled away, and besides, most of them also see it as a crying shame to have all of this usable hardwood go to the chipper.

I posted once before about buying an old Husky 185CD for the chainsaw mill I'll be making, and once to ask for a parts list from Mange (thanks for that!).

I got the saw, and I took it apart to clean it up and give it a good once over. It is used for sure, but it looks in a good used condition.

I've got a page about the saw and building the chainsaw mill (in progress) that you can see here

I do have one question, the previous owner put some wooden blocks on the saw near the point the guide bar mounts to the saw, they look like some kind of guide blocks....

wooden_blocks1.jpg

...are these replacing something that was worn out, or is this a mod of some sort.

You can see my page about the Wood Lot here

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Kind of like a chain guard on a motorcycle I guess, thanks for the info!

Cheers!

PS Thanks to Peter for the e-mail!

Wow! Very cool website showing off your woodlot and shop. Very nice use of space. Plus, who needs an 090 and a skidder to be a logger?
John...

Sure must have gotten smokey in the shop...Nice Job and thanks for sharing with us. Keep us posted with pics. Your the New King of the Forest.

Rotax Robert

Latest posts

Back