Groundmen say the darnedest things.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this stoner surfer dude begging me for work so I am like, " don't be jamming stuff in the chipper with the rake, use the rubber shovel," so when we are chipping dude starts beating the stuff with the rake so I tell him again so he gets mad and breaks the rake over his knee saying it was an accident.

Yeah, he's cute alright.. unless you have to bid against him, that is.

Nothing a new set of blades, anvil and another plate welded on the (rusty) chipper chute won't fix. Lol. Good on the groundy for trying though.
He did that beech at the library for around 1500 bucks. I think Pete was around 2500 or 2700. Actually glad we didn't get it. Damn big wood.

He did that beech at the library for around 1500 bucks. I think Pete was around 2500 or 2700. Actually glad we didn't get it. Damn big wood.

I would've probably been at 2100 or 2200 if I had been asked to bid. Looked pretty simple other than dealing with all the people crying over its demise, etc. Not like that would've done me any good against the $1500. But there it is, that's how it goes. Getting so I don't even hardly wanna bid local jobs anymore, since inevitably his name always comes up. That's when I know its over. Lol.

Don't get me wrong, I like tom and we're friendly, just business is business, and that **** kinda gets old year after year.

Hey, at least the blue whale seems to be mostly washed up these days.:laugh:

I would've probably been at 2100 or 2200 if I had been asked to bid. Looked pretty simple other than dealing with all the people crying over its demise, etc. Not like that would've done me any good against the $1500. But there it is, that's how it goes. Getting so I don't even hardly wanna bid local jobs anymore, since inevitably his name always comes up. That's when I know its over. Lol.

Don't get me wrong, I like tom and we're friendly, just business is business, and that **** kinda gets old year after year.

Hey, at least the blue whale seems to be mostly washed up these days.:laugh:
I heard the whale actually got town work again. 10 bucks to put in a bid, he pulls out seven and one is rolled up with powdery residue inside-and still got work. Must be nice to have connections in town.

I heard the whale actually got town work again. 10 bucks to put in a bid, he pulls out seven and one is rolled up with powdery residue inside-and still got work. Must be nice to have connections in town.

Yeah.. I just can't imagine what connections (if any) could possibly be left, but I hear you, they're apparently still there. Ha, after I posted that earlier, I went to supreme to get some topsoil, and there was his chip truck behind me. Amazing.

First day I have him jump in my chip truck and show him whats going on with driving it just to make sure. He cuts me off with "who's coat is this" its mine "what's it doing in here" I left it in here I drive the truck almost every day. "What do u keep a coat in your truck for" so I can put it on when I get cold. Please god let me tell u the address were going to! He was and still is totally stumped about the coat.

"Oh. You can just buy another one." After leaving a chainsaw in the drop zone but out of my view. It didn't fare to we'll after the log landed on it.

I had this stoner surfer dude begging me for work so I am like, " don't be jamming stuff in the chipper with the rake, use the rubber shovel," so when we are chipping dude starts beating the stuff with the rake so I tell him again so he gets mad and breaks the rake over his knee saying it was an accident.
Tell him he was an accident!

"Can you leave a rope hanging in the tree? I need to practice."
Practice what?
"Cutting a rope with a polesaw. Your new life insurance policy kicks in tomorrow."
Tell me again why the hell I married you. I've forgotten.

Newb: Dude we're fark some $hit up today aren't we bro?

Me: Um.....no we're not gonna fark ANYTHING up today

Newb: well you know what i mean, we're gonna get a lot of work done.

Me: right......and i'm not your damn brother

Newb: (silence)

Umm.. I dunno, man. Sounds like the dude was just trying to get into the spirit of things, and you were just being a real farking corksarker. Just saying..

Really showing Willy Lowman his place huh? Did a tear roll down his cheek in slow motion?

Latest posts

Back