GTG Va, WV, PA, and West. MD is a go!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still in Carl.....don't forget to let me know about helping set up, etc. as we get closer.

Same here Carl, what can we bring besides saws, gas, oil and PPE?
I'm planning on AM Sat.

Great guys...I'm not sure what everyone usually brings but what ever anyone has to offer to eat or drink, especially unusual items, I sure will be appreciated. Sorry but my supply of shine is exausted.:crazy1:

Those who come early can help me stage some cutting logs. I'll let you all know of my planed schedule at the time comes closer. In the mean time think NICE WEATHER!!!

:cheers:...Carl

not sure if anyone who is coming will be interested or not...I need to get rid of some odd and end pieces of 1" Zurn PEX pipe, new, longest piece may be 10-20'....best part: it's free.

not sure if anyone who is coming will be interested or not...I need to get rid of some odd and end pieces of 1" Zurn PEX pipe, new, longest piece may be 10-20'....best part: it's free.

Sounds great to me...Anybody else that has chainsaws, parts, tools etc to sell, trade, or give away should bring them as well. This should be part of the fun of the GTG.

:cheers: ...Carl

Ok. I'm warning everyone now, I'm bringing all my saws and I'm going to be asking a ton of questions. As well as looking for insight on working trees and my equipment. I only do it on weekends but knowledge is invaluable for this kind of work. I'm just starting to get serious and realize more and more that I dont know nearly as much as I need to.

Ok. I'm warning everyone now, I'm bringing all my saws and I'm going to be asking a ton of questions. As well as looking for insight on working trees and my equipment. I only do it on weekends but knowledge is invaluable for this kind of work. I'm just starting to get serious and realize more and more that I dont know nearly as much as I need to.

Bring 'em on. I'm bringing 8 or 9. Couple are resto's that I may or may not run.

Carl - ever hear from the Champ? I'm not bringing my Elvis outfit if he isn't coming.

Pal...

That's okay as I think every question asked is an opportunity to learn for even those that already know the answer. It is my experience that a person learns most and locks in that memory when they teach. I know that has been the case when I taught classes in various subjects. I had to make sure I knew the material in greater depth than I had ever felt necessary to practice the skill I was teaching.

I've been cutting down trees for 40 years now and have learned way more than I ever thought I didn't know here on AS and I'm really looking forward to this GTG to learn more.

I'll have all my saws there too for show and tell and a bit of running. I personally have never rebuilt a saw so some of mine are a bit low on compression (most seem to read 130) so seeing a rebuilt saw or two just might inspire me to try that myself.

By the way - anyone who has a stop watch should bring it. I don't have one.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that Jennings Randolph Lake (just a couple miles from the cabin) has an absolutely wonderful, sand beach. If you should bring the young'ns and they want to get away from all the noise that would be the perfect destination. Take a look at this link http://www.nab.usace.army.mil/recreation/jenran/recinfo.htm#recareas and we might not get anyone who wants to cut wood because of the myriad other opportunities. Make sure you scroll down to see the record fish!

If you can't tell - I'm getting excited.

Bring 'em on. I'm bringing 8 or 9. Couple are resto's that I may or may not run.

Carl - ever hear from the Champ? I'm not bringing my Elvis outfit if he isn't coming.

Buzz...

I did just recently and he said he didn't know why a dozen people would want to meet him since he didn't think he had done anything to that many people LOL. I wrote back that we were counting on him to do an Elvis impersonation in front of the bonfire. He said he hadn't looked at the thread but would and get back to me. Now if he was to get a dozen or so PMs he might think that he really had a fan club out there and want to meet them all.

:bowdown::bowdown: :biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2:

It's a possibility for me -- 3 hours drive, pretty much, just depends what else happens with the family. At some point will there be a link to more specific directions? Or do I just get to Barnum and follow the sound?

Jack

Mr. Hall that is...we would be priveliged with your presence...what say you?

Just seen this thread Mike. I got a PM saying so much a few would like my presence at this GTG. Sounds like a set up to me, someone is planning on insulting the King and then I'll have to pull a Dirty Harry and ice the cake with the Soprano clan,LOL

What is the final date set for this mass gathering? I see several dates have been discussed so what is the set date?

Just seen this thread Mike. I got a PM saying so much a few would like my presence at this GTG. Sounds like a set up to me, someone is planning on insulting the King and then I'll have to pull a Dirty Harry and ice the cake with the Soprano clan,LOL

What is the final date set for this mass gathering? I see several dates have been discussed so what is the set date?

Tommie...

Glad you finally found this thread. It wouldn't be a true regional GTG without your presence! June 20th is the day. Pray for sunshine!

It's a possibility for me -- 3 hours drive, pretty much, just depends what else happens with the family. At some point will there be a link to more specific directions? Or do I just get to Barnum and follow the sound?

Jack

I'll give exact directions closer to the time but it will be extremely easy if you can find Barnum you won't be able to miss it. We'll even have a large welcoming sign on the driveway. It's a 150 mile or 3 hour drive for me as well so that is no excuse.

Nothing of the sort Tom! In fact, I'm sure there will be some saws that could benefit from your magic touch - heck, you might even sell a couple.

That's ok...I'll be asking most of the questions myself...I'm bringing the Pioneer RA, maybe the 036 too...In addition to the stopwatch, anyone bringing a compression tester? That would be cool too. saw on the news last nite you guys had a freeze warning up there ....only got down to 46 this am in Mt. Falls.

June 20....bring your best Elvis outfit, someone will need to come up with the throne, red carpet, etc. for Tom...

That's ok...I'll be asking most of the questions myself...I'm bringing the Pioneer RA, maybe the 036 too...In addition to the stopwatch, anyone bringing a compression tester? That would be cool too. saw on the news last nite you guys had a freeze warning up there ....only got down to 46 this am in Mt. Falls.

I'll have a compression tester there. Anyone got a vacuum tester? Of course I'll have most all my saws there (see sig) and hope someone (hey Thall) can help me make sure they are tuned properly.

I've also got a brand new Alaskan chainsaw mill the someone can try out if they want. I've had it for a year or so and just not had time to try it out. :buttkick:

I'll have a compression tester there. Anyone got a vacuum tester? Of course I'll have most all my saws there (see sig) and hope someone (hey Thall) can help me make sure they are tuned properly.

I've also got a brand new Alaskan chainsaw mill the someone can try out if they want. I've had it for a year or so and just not had time to try it out. :buttkick:

Never ran a mill myself...that would be fun!

Now since I've had a little time to ponder this dilemna Mr. Hall, I personally think you are too hypersensitive to remarks regarding The King. If you are to attend this here shindig, you must remember that you probably (not sure tho) need to restore/renew your passport(s) to the States of Md., and W.V. They are persnickity at the border regarding such matters, but if you come to it well armed with enough Stihl swag, then you can make it thru without the risk of search/seizure, and make it back out of Barnum in one piece...

Now since I've had a little time to ponder this dilemna Mr. Hall, I personally think you are too hypersensitive to remarks regarding The King. If you are to attend this here shindig, you must remember that you probably (not sure tho) need to restore/renew your passport(s) to the States of Md., and W.V. They are persnickity at the border regarding such matters, but if you come to it well armed with enough Stihl swag, then you can make it thru without the risk of search/seizure, and make it back out of Barnum in one piece...

I always heard a "Mason Jar" of clear would guarantee safe passage...........

Latest posts

Back