GTG Va, WV, PA, and West. MD is a go!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
June 20....bring your best Elvis outfit, someone will need to come up with the throne, red carpet, etc. for Tom...

Hahaha, you aint right,LOL

To my dismay I just got a haircut last week, real short. Man bad timing, oh wait, 6/20, well shoot I'll have a ducktail by then, notta problem,haha

I'll have a compression tester there. Anyone got a vacuum tester? Of course I'll have most all my saws there (see sig) and hope someone (hey Thall) can help me make sure they are tuned properly.

I've also got a brand new Alaskan chainsaw mill the someone can try out if they want. I've had it for a year or so and just not had time to try it out. :buttkick:

:cheers: ...Carl

Tuned properly, no sweat. Just remember the age old motto, if its not broke don't fix it. If they're running good letem run, if they aren't then its time to take a peek under the hood..

Now since I've had a little time to ponder this dilemna Mr. Hall, I personally think you are too hypersensitive to remarks regarding The King. If you are to attend this here shindig, you must remember that you probably (not sure tho) need to restore/renew your passport(s) to the States of Md., and W.V. They are persnickity at the border regarding such matters, but if you come to it well armed with enough Stihl swag, then you can make it thru without the risk of search/seizure, and make it back out of Barnum in one piece...

No fear Mike, not sensitive at all. Beleive it or not I started using the Elvis fan club thing at the shop a long time ago for fun. I found out most all the ladies are still crazy about the King regardless of thier age and most all the men go whats the big deal,though some are big time hip on da boy.

My dear ole maw of 80 says Elvis was so different, so cool and could really sing. She adores the boy. My pappy of 86 listens to Elvis' gospel music and thats it. He tells maw he can't see what she's all up in arms about over the boy,LOLOLOL

A mason jar of shine will surely work wonders in getting a clean passport to the GTG.

Nah! She said let's burn rubber.

:givebeer:

Not exactly. The 90 year old man handed his young bride of 30 a clothes pin and told her to put it on her nose on thier wedding night. He then put one on his nose. She goes what are these for. He said honey you won't like the smell of burning rubber anymore than I do,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

No fear Mike, not sensitive at all. Beleive it or not I started using the Elvis fan club thing at the shop a long time ago for fun. I found out most all the ladies are still crazy about the King regardless of thier age and most all the men go whats the big deal,though some are big time hip on da boy.

My dear ole maw of 80 says Elvis was so different, so cool and could really sing. She adores the boy. My pappy of 86 listens to Elvis' gospel music and thats it. He tells maw he can't see what she's all up in arms about over the boy,LOLOLOL

A mason jar of shine will surely work wonders in getting a clean passport to the GTG.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Okay...A few pics to, hopefully, get you more excited about the GTG. First is some of the the wild game you might see! :jawdrop: All were photographed within a few steps of our cabin.

attachment.php

Yearling Black Bear. Mom is around somewhere also.
Toms showing off to impress each other.

And then an invite for the first family that wants to come early and help with the setup. An invitation to reserve our original cabin. I always called it a sissyfied hunters shack but the rest of the family has named it the "SUGAR SHACK".

Check out this link for a special treat...

watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DW8ecqu0Iw

Here's the pic!

attachment.php

:ices_rofl:

Actually here's the real Sugar Shack....A bit primitive looking but really quite comfortable.

attachment.php

This pic was taken from the porch of our log home just up the hill.

The SUGAR SHACK'S got solar power, gas stove, gravity feed running water, double bed, ottoman (convertable to another double bed), fine outhouse (with it's own solar power), propane stove and a wonderful covered porch with its own porch couch (a required West Virginia feature). The lake in the background is Jennings Randolph Lake where there is a wonderful sand beach for kids.

Our place is on a piece of land that, back in the early 1900's, was a personal deep mine for a Polish immigrant who blew himself up there.

Next it was an early strip mine, not one like today's where they take the top off the mountain, instead they cleared/scraped off the top soil, about 100' in, around the whole mountain at the level of the coal strip. That is where the Sugar Shack exists today.

Then there is a final bit of fun availaable. This is my Norwood mill with a quite large Black Walnut log that I milled recently.

attachment.php

Plan on bringing lots of saws, tools, beer, grub and special treats if you have them (wish I was back home in NW Montana I'd have a load of smoked kokanee salmon for you all). I would think it would be a good idea to bring equipment you might want to sell, trade or give away.

:cheers: ...Carl

Hello,
What size logs will be featured? I am planning on me and the old man making it down for the day. What time are the festivities starting?

Jonathan

Hello,
What size logs will be featured? I am planning on me and the old man making it down for the day. What time are the festivities starting?

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan...

I'm getting there Thursday to get things ready. Most are coming Saturday morning - anytime after sunrise is fine with me. I'll probably have some photos of the logs I gather before the event maybe even next week if I can get some cutting done this weekend. We don't have gigantic trees but I think I've spotted a couple that are in the 24" to 30" size. Won't know for sure until I have them down. We just don't have the large pines that those PNW guys play with.

...Carl

We just don't have the large pines that those PNW guys play with.
I don't know where my friend is getting his pine from, but they seem like decent size. He might have some pieces in the yard you might find useful for your GTG. I'll look around the scraps and see if there are any stumps or any other goodies, when I'm there tomorrow.

I arrived in Jane Lew today.

Been cutting on some pine myself...*g* We spent most of the time getting the pads done for my home, and will hopefully get the sills down tomorrow. We still need to dimension more blocks to hold up the sills on the limestone/pads.

So far the weather in WV sucks, it rained hard today, poured on me coming down from PIT, and it dumped on us a couple times during the day...

Cheers,
TT (running on empty with only a couple hours sleep last night...)

Back