guess this chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
just curious if you chain gurus can guess wich stihl chain this is, chain mounted on the saw is the first chain i ever bought the 84 drivelink rsc. the chain im wonderin about ive had for awhile and might go on after the rsc has been sharpend a few more times.
i also have freind who is in dire need of a chain latly he cuts fire wood and said he had to stop for the day because his chain was very dull. i told him he could buy this chain from me or id sharpen his, wichever he wanted.

GEDC0713.jpg

GEDC0712.jpg

GEDC0714.jpg

good luck.

Evan

my chain is a 3/8 .050 stihl badged chain

I had some chain like that once. I think it was called zip-penn or something like that.

They were a supplier of low cost aftermarket parts. Not sure if they are still around.

The former Zip Penn is now called Cutter's Choice. Their Zip Penn brand of chain was pretty good chain. Their prices are slightly higher than Bailey's plus there is the added cost of shipping from Pennsylvania to the West Coast. IMO, Baileys is cheaper, faster and better.
http://www.cutterschoice.com/

The other downside with Cutters Choice for a few of us is they don't ship outside of North America, Baileys and quite a few of the other site sponsors do.

yup you guys are good, it is indeed a 33 rslk. ive run the full skip of this chain but im getn rid of this today

Latest posts

Back