Gypo's The Man

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chopwood out west we race stocksaw chain races. Bring your own chain put on a choice of usually 4 saws(066, or sometimes 046, or Husky)depending on who sponsors the contest. 24" or 28" bars with a least 20" wood. Bore thru, up, down and a straight off cut. Things change with each contest. This type of racing shows by far who can build a chain.

Ask Melvin next time you see him or talk to Cahoon and Fales you'll get the true scoop.

Mike-
I agree with that- the racing that y'all do out there is quite different than what we do here. I am in no way discounting the skill of Tom or any of the other folks that race on the west coast. We race in smaller blocks and with a cold start at every show I go to. I do 30+ shows a year, and it takes more than the fastest chain or the most powerful motor to win. And I would absolutly get kicked out of Webster with the chain that you pictured.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm okay let me think.
i win stock saw events in the following places: tupper lake ny,welcome lake pa, sussex nj, honesdale pa, gramsville ny, otisville ny, also sharon springs ny when they had a show. i have placed in deposit ny and andes ny. now i will have to look at the plates on some trophies to find out where else i have placed. look what i started now. :eek: marty

Marty-
What years were you at Tupper? I have won the overall three times there. I have won all four classes of chainsaw over the years. Not at the same time, but throught the years I have done some serious damage at that show. Also won the chop,bowsaw,2-man,jack and jill, log roll, and log skidding four times.

darn it. now look at what you made me find. grand champion in the stock saw events the last two years it was held. marty

i'm not even gonna ask how ya like me now. :)

Let's put this way Marty those guys have no problem racing you. It's just a matter if you want to come west or them east. Is it worth it for you to come to Morton Wa. 2nd weekend in Aug. Stocksaw pays $450 to win to 6 places. Same with the Hotsaw and Ax throw and so on. I doubt they'd come east for ribbons and trophies.

Marty-
I would post a picture of my three lumberjack of the year trophies, but that would just be gloating. What years did you go to there? I started around "95.

chopwood,
i was there in the late 80's and early 90's. my marrage at that time did not promote the sport. but now things have changed. i plan on going into ct this year also. if you are in the circut i'm sure i know you. please post the pictures. i think the east coast would like to see them.
as far as cash. yes, some of these shows pay back too. marty

Last edited:
Bring 'em east. I doubt they would win everything. There is approx. 100 shows during the summer 90% of them are small wood. Motors and chains dont win small wood shows, it helps, but skill goes farther than equipment.

How many times have we seen these threads. They wont come, and all this will bring about is all this "I am THE MAN" crap. It gets so old to read. I guess that is why a lot of people have vacated this site. It is definitely why I have stopped following most of the threads.

I am by no means saying that I am the man. I am a small time competitor. The shows I talk about are small time. I have won some events at big time shows, but I do not have the opinion that I am better than anyone. I have lost as much as I have won. If anyone says they haven't done that is lying. I am just pissed about people giving the impression that they can beat everyone, everytime.

spacemule said:
Marky won't be able to reply--he's been banned.

I feel bad for the boy.
sex.gif

:laugh:

Well I've said it before,bring the west coast clan,to the eastern hardwoods,the game changes.

Latest posts

Back