Had my 440 up against a 2171

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNfarmer

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
And kicked his butt!!! However... the owner of the 2171 said his chain wasn't very good and was some off breed of a safety chain. He did say mine cut faster, but my chain was razor sharp and I have my rakers filed down aways. Being the same sized saw and if they had comparable chains I would think they would be pretty close in performance. Nothing against the 2171.. seems like a really good saw, just some observations I made yesterday!! :rock:

Yip

And kicked his butt!!! However... the owner of the 2171 said his chain wasn't very good and was some off breed of a safety chain. He did say mine cut faster, but my chain was razor sharp and I have my rakers filed down aways. Being the same sized saw and if they had comparable chains I would think they would be pretty close in performance. Nothing against the 2171.. seems like a really good saw, just some observations I made yesterday!! :rock:

You'll hear a buncha crap from people that don't know squat, but I did the same to my buddy with his little 2171 also... They are nice saws, but they just don't cut like the stihls do bro... Rub it in his face every chance you get now...

:cheers: eh?

grandpatractor.. I was wanting to go to the GTG, but I was busy that day :( They sound like a lot of fun, hopefully I can make it to a future GTG!!

The 440 is a very good saw .....I'm still thinking about getting one to replace my 044....One of the guys we cut wood with has a really strong running ;) 440 ...

You take a nice honest approach to this I being more of a Jred fan see your point! I also believe in my own little mind that Stihl makes really good saw's so long as they are big saw's. The 440 460and up are all good saw's I had a 044 and in a way I wish I kept it. To be honest I think in the current crop of 70cc saws there is so little diff between them you would be splitting hairs. Off topic here I don't have a 026 or 260 but I have a real soft spot for them as they seam to go forever.

A sharp chain is worth 3.9876454 X the HP...

Thanks Lakeside.
Thats the first thing that intered my mind.

LOL

Today I had a race with a Jonsered that had a dull safty chain on it....
and I won.........Go figure.

You'll hear a buncha crap from people that don't know squat, but I did the same to my buddy with his little 2171 also... They are nice saws, but they just don't cut like the stihls do bro... Rub it in his face every chance you get now...

really. I guess you and squat are great friends

This post is both funny, and sad, at the same time.

This post is both funny, and sad, at the same time.

Yeah I like the part where he said the 2171 is little.
Maybe he don't know squat.
side by side the 2171 is bigger.

Hey ciscodude stop reefing on those huskys, it's not a Stihl. you don't have to work as hard, Let it do the cutting for ya.

A sharp chain is worth 3.9876454 X the HP...

Yep, little point in comparing saws in the cut, unless you use the same chain on both - that is why the jury is still out on the New 346xp vs the 5100 over here - Witchys problems keep me from cutting, and testing........:censored:

Yep, little point in comparing saws in the cut, unless you use the same chain on both - that is why the jury is still out on the New 346xp vs the 5100 over here - Witchys problems keep me from cutting, and testing........:censored:
I hope she will be feeling better soon I can't imagine the stress you are going through By nature I am a worry wort.

from another thread........

Hey ciscodude stop reefing on those huskys, it's not a Stihl. you don't have to work as hard, Let it do the cutting for ya.

Yep, you guy's rely on chain speed. Dig the dogs in and watch your's fall flat on it's face.

We just got gobs of power/torque, go ahead, dig in.:clap:

Yep, you guy's rely on chain speed. Dig the dogs in and watch your's fall flat on it's face.

We just got gobs of power/torque, go ahead, dig in.:clap:

I can stop a 440 just as easy.
what makes you think digging in makes the cut go faster.
Whos We ?

Last edited:
Back