Had one of "those" kind of days today...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
Ya ever have one of those days where when you get to the end of the day you realized that if you had just stayed in bed all day you would be farther ahead? Well that was my day.
I was looking for a siding brake and found one in a town about 45 miles away. It was a 12+ foot one which is what I'd like. So I had a hard time getting ahold of the guy but we finally connected and I gathered up a list of stuff that I would need to transport it home if I bought it, scraped up the $800 he was asking, talked Groundie into going on the adventure and we set out. About 3 miles from home, the van quit. Just stopped running while driving 55 down the road like the key had been shut off. I coasted for a while looking for a place to get off the road and pulled into a driveway. Put some fuel in the tank since the gauge isn't reliable but we should have had enough. Engine cranks but no start. So we start walking for home in the 90 degree heat. Eventually a car turns around and picks us up and takes us the remaining two miles to our house. I have a flatbed equipment trailer that I haul vehicles on. It was full of logs. I have another trailer that had the Bobcat on it because it blew a hydraulic hose. I got the Bobcat unloaded, had to gather all the stuff to winch a dead van onto the too narrow trailer and headed back to the van. I hooked up the OBD II reader to see if it was maybe something simple but it just kept saying "link failure". So we loaded the van which was a pain. Took it home. Got out a different vehicle, hooked a trailer to it and drove to the site of the brake and it was junk. (cracks, abuse, missing parts, etc. Pretty disappointing.) Went back home and unhooked the trailer. Day used up.
However, the guy with the junk brake gave me some junk saws so it wasn't ALL bad.

The saws were a mini mac, most of a Poulan 2150 (I can use those parts) and a Homelite C-51 Bowsaw. I have some pics of that I'll try to post but the site doesn't like Verizon.

Had one of those last week, sold 2 saws but mailed the wrong saw to the wrong person. To top it off I somehow under calculated postage on one by $28 and had to pay twice to ship the other.

Ya ever have one of those days where when you get to the end of the day you realized that if you had just stayed in bed all day you would be farther ahead? Well that was my day.
I was looking for a siding brake and found one in a town about 45 miles away. It was a 12+ foot one which is what I'd like. So I had a hard time getting ahold of the guy but we finally connected and I gathered up a list of stuff that I would need to transport it home if I bought it, scraped up the $800 he was asking, talked Groundie into going on the adventure and we set out. About 3 miles from home, the van quit. Just stopped running while driving 55 down the road like the key had been shut off. I coasted for a while looking for a place to get off the road and pulled into a driveway. Put some fuel in the tank since the gauge isn't reliable but we should have had enough. Engine cranks but no start. So we start walking for home in the 90 degree heat. Eventually a car turns around and picks us up and takes us the remaining two miles to our house. I have a flatbed equipment trailer that I haul vehicles on. It was full of logs. I have another trailer that had the Bobcat on it because it blew a hydraulic hose. I got the Bobcat unloaded, had to gather all the stuff to winch a dead van onto the too narrow trailer and headed back to the van. I hooked up the OBD II reader to see if it was maybe something simple but it just kept saying "link failure". So we loaded the van which was a pain. Took it home. Got out a different vehicle, hooked a trailer to it and drove to the site of the brake and it was junk. (cracks, abuse, missing parts, etc. Pretty disappointing.) Went back home and unhooked the trailer. Day used up.
However, the guy with the junk brake gave me some junk saws so it wasn't ALL bad.

SHEESH, what a bummer. Can you chime in today to let us know that today is BETTER? :D

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

ford van?no link should be the computer or fuel pump relay.look for the relay/fuse box under the dash.peck on each of the 2-3 relays under the cover.turn the key and it should start.
odb2 reads the computer thru that relay.no connection and the reader will say no link.

The van is a 2000 Chevy Astro. The check engine line is flickering faintly. The engine turns over normally. I had already tried switching some relays around to no avail. I was too busy to look at it today. And unfortunately today wasn't much more productive than yesterday. Made some advances but a couple setbacks as well. My stack of broken stuff is pretty tall...

oh sorry herman.boils down to blown fuse and a shorted wire "possibly" in the main harness under the dog house.

Latest posts

Back