Halifax County, VA Heritag Festival Pics & Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photos! I have friends who live in Nathalie, nice area. I'll be coming to next years event. Looks like a good time. Let us know the details, thanks!

Very nice photos and vids, enjoyed.

Thanks to the both of you! It took quite a while to upload all the photos and videos to photobuck. My girlfriend is responsible for making most of the videos.

New dates

Friday,April 30th,Saturday,May 1rst,and Sunday,May 2nd are the dates for this years festival here in Southern Va. Look my friends at the pics and vids and know that we welcome all to come and bring their saws to help us cut. In years past we have mostly demonstrated 2-mans and vintage saws in general,but this year I'm hoping we can get enough interest in there to hold a speed-cutting competition. We've had plenty of wood in the past. The boss of this festival has provided me all the space and whatever else I've needed all along. As far as I'm concerned,the more the merrier. The only time anyone will exnay anything is when SAFETY is compromised! Mark this date on your calender and realize we don't really get going strong until Sat. morning. Plenty of eats, toilets, etc. on premises as this is the local faigrounds,next to the world-famous South Boston Speedway! I've already got commitments from 4 or five AS members................need many more! We'll turn it into a giant GTG!
http://www.virginia.org/site/description.asp?attrID=35065
Igpoe:rock:

Bump to the top. Had to search for this thread.

Planning the next GTG and wanted to make sure we werent gonna be close to the date of the Heritage Festival. Me and SP should be there. Also I figure 67mustang may be there too

Hhf

Zach,
67 Mustang will be here and maybe JT78. I'm hoping to get Digging Fool,7 Oaks,RipRap and others to show May1 and/or 2. May 1 will be best date.
Good to hear from you,plan on bringing the DA-211 why don't ya and as many more as you like. We WILL have challenges for whatever you bring!
My wood supplier has threatened to bring me a 88" diameter log!
Dean:clap:

Zach,
67 Mustang will be here and maybe JT78. I'm hoping to get Digging Fool,7 Oaks,RipRap and others to show May1 and/or 2. May 1 will be best date.
Good to hear from you,plan on bringing the DA-211 why don't ya and as many more as you like. We WILL have challenges for whatever you bring!
Planning for the 1st. We will have the DA-211. Fixing to start workin on it again. Might throw a couple others in the truck too.
New saws allowed?

I only have a 72" bar :( Id have to make 2 cuts on that big one.
How big of a bar is on the Titan?

Zach,

Dean...

Make sure you bump this thread as the time gets closer. I really want to attend but will need a reminder as the old memory isn't as good as it used to be.

You getting flood waters down there this weekend? Wife and I are scheduled to go white water rafting late this month or April. Bet it would be a GREAT ride this weekend.

Planning for the 1st. We will have the DA-211. Fixing to start workin on it again. Might throw a couple others in the truck too.
New saws allowed?

I only have a 72" bar :( Id have to make 2 cuts on that big one.
How big of a bar is on the Titan?

LP
We've gotta have some new saws if I can manage the "run what ya brung" saw race. We're limited as to what we can do with our demonstrations only by how much wood we have and if it's like last year....................we'll have wood. I'm thinking the bar on the Titan is 48-50" of cutting area. How'd you come up with a 72?
Igpoe:cheers:

Dean...

Make sure you bump this thread as the time gets closer. I really want to attend but will need a reminder as the old memory isn't as good as it used to be.

You getting flood waters down there this weekend? Wife and I are scheduled to go white water rafting late this month or April. Bet it would be a GREAT ride this weekend.

I'm just beginning to hear about some possible flooding, none yet. I live on a creek and my saw shop will be the first to feel the attack of the waters.Be carefull how you mention "flood" around here. In my opinion, The Army Corps of Engineers couldn't find their butts with both hands
It's 6 weeks away, but stay subscribed as more traffic will follow-the Heritage and Machinery Festival that is, not the flood.

Where's this gonna be?

Scooter,
This is our annual Machinery and Heritage festival in Halifax Co. very near South Boston Speedway. I/We put on old saw demonstrations including,but not limited to, 2-man cutting, bow-saw use, and the occasional challenge of whos saw cuts the fastest. This last feature,I hope to expand this year as it seems to be a crowd favorite. I put the link in this thread on an earlier page.
Come on down, just let me know asap you're coming 'cuz the organizers need to know in advance how much room I require.
I need also to say somewhere in this thread that EVERY SAFETY PRECAUTION WILL BE OBSERVED FOR EVERYONES PROTECTION-PERIOD

Sounds like fun. I've never been to one of these.

Would an old 1130G be of any use in the old saws?

I might have a few 100cc class to run in the fastest also.

Sounds like fun. I've never been to one of these.

Would an old 1130G be of any use in the old saws?

I might have a few 100cc class to run in the fastest also.

I couldn't help laughing reading your post as we don't even have formal classes of saws, but I suspect we'll need them. I suppose the cc's will be the determining factor. Neither Stinkbait or I have anything to run against an
1130G. The biggest Gear-Drive I have is a 707G,unless I use a two-man.Maybe Stinky can compete.....he has a bunch of Mac Gear-Drives. How would the 1130 fare against, say,a KB-7B Mercury?
Bring whatever you like,even modded saws. I've got an 066 that's had a touch-up.
Dean

The 72" was a lucky find down in Charlotte.

Hope to have the Xp1000 tuned up and the Mac 1-41 running. Maybe the Campbell hausfield. Then the UG4.

Saftey so no :cheers: ? :biggrinbounce2:

Sounds like a fun time, and if it involves the saws I am sure it will be. So count in me and SP and maybe a friend of ours.

Who needs classes, I just like to get em' out and run em'

I've never really ran against any other saws.

I would like to see a 2-man in action though.

Who needs classes, I just like to get em' out and run em'

I've never really ran against any other saws.

I would like to see a 2-man in action though.

Do you think you could help run one a time or two? We may need a hand,for real.

Back