Halifax County, VA Heritag Festival Pics & Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is going to turn into a mini GTG before the next NC GTG?
Looks that way anyways.

I am excited. I am asking off of work for the 1st.

Wouldn't put me on the Dummy end would ya' ?

Scooter,
Most of the time we don't know which end to call the "dummy". Normally it's whichever end I'm holding to, but we don't consider either end particularly dangerous. Out in the woods historically,the fella with the helper handle in his hand had the more difficult time traversing rough terrain. He stayed out-of-balance and not watching where he was going quite a bit.
We'll put you on whatever end you want. Very little instruction is needed either way.
Igpoe:cheers:

Man I lived up the road in mt. airy for 8 years never made it down to the halifax festival might have to get down there there this year is on a weekend ?

Hey Dean I will probably be there on the 1st but will def make the 2nd. Should I bring some saws? Just Kidding I will bring all of them if you would like.

Last edited:
Man I lived up the road in mt. airy for 8 years never made it down to the halifax festival might have to get down there there this year is on a weekend ?

May 1 is on a Saturday............bring the biggest,baddest saw you own.
For those of you who don't know WHERE we're talking about:
http://www.halifaxcountyheritagefestival.org/
Halifax Co. is in central Va. and borders NC. The event is held at the fairgrounds behind South Boston Speedway,which is one mile east of South Boston, Va. off of US RT.360 on the south side of the road. It's not quite three miles north of US RT 58 and maybe three miles east of US RT 501.
There is waaaaay more to see than just saws!
Dean:cheers:

Hey Dean I will probably be there on the 1st but will def make the 2nd. Should I bring some saws? Just Kidding I will bring all of them if you would like. You need to get a little run time on that 066 and then double check the rpms after those rings seat.

Justin,
You may be somewhat letting the "cat out of the bag" on a public forum about my saw,LOL Just kidding.
You might not want to bring ALL your saws,just the ones that are blindingly fast.................oh wait, that IS all of them!
The 066 has cut about 2 cords lately and a strong increase in torque has been observed;thanks for asking. No adjustment of needles as of yet.
:cheers:Dean

Hey Dean if me and LP bring all of ours I'll have to have somebody come and help haul um up there. If the good Lords willing we will be there on Saturday morning bright and early. Looking forward to it.

Hey Dean if me and LP bring all of ours I'll have to have somebody come and help haul um up there. If the good Lords willing we will be there on Saturday morning bright and early. Looking forward to it.

Possum,
Definately bring the SXL bowsaw and the Wright if you've got it running. I got rid of both my Wrights
Dean:cheers:

Hey, Dean or Mitchell. Is there a cost to get into the festival. I know the antique show they have here it costs to get in unless you are an exhibitor.

Just wondering. Thanks

I hope to have my XL925 running for the festival. Regardless I am still going to try to make. My inlaws live only 30 min. from halifax. in mt. airy va

I hope to have my XL925 running for the festival. Regardless I am still going to try to make. My inlaws live only 30 min. from halifax. in mt. airy va

If you can't get yours running, you can run mine.
5.jpg

If you can't get yours running, you can run mine.

thanks stinkbait I should have it running I just got to get the carb rebuilt and it should be running like a top. the clutch cover is broken but still holds the bar on would be fine for a little exhibition but I should have a clutch cover by next month. if I can't find one in good shape I have a beed on one with a hole in it I can use as a guide to fab. one

Make sure that you take a good look at the fuel line and filter. Mine had the molded fuel line that was trash.

Make sure that you take a good look at the fuel line and filter. Mine had the molded fuel line that was trash.

oh yeah fuel lines are junk I am getting the fuel lines this week end should have the carb kit some time next week if local dealer doesn't have one

numbers

Hey fellas,
Those of you who are subscribed to this thread, and are coming to the Festival on May 1 or 2, how about hold up your hands now or in the next couple of days so I can get an acurate count. I need to get just a few more ducks lined up in a row so things can be smooooth. Thanks
Dean C (Igpoe):cheers:

Why Why Why??? :confused: I'm schedule to be out of the country that weekend on a business trip. Otherwise I would have liked to of attended. My neighbor was just talking about this festival the other day. Oh well.. Guess I'll have to wait until next year.. Stinkin Job!! Always ruining my fun..

Back