Handsaws vs chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike: it's your type of work ethic I would like to maintain in myself. We get better clientele because of this approach towards tree care. We Win! :)

Joe

Joe, Resharpening the Silky blades isn't worthwhile but save 'em and give them to any amateur knive makers you may encounter, Pruning saw blades make awesome fillet knives and boning knives.:cool:

Originally posted by Stumper
Joe, Resharpening the Silky blades isn't worthwhile but save 'em and give them to any amateur knive makers you may encounter, Pruning saw blades make awesome fillet knives and boning knives.:cool:

Stumper: do you know some1 who wants them?

Joe

Originally posted by Joe
We get better clientele because of this approach towards tree care.
And better clientele means better money!! There is a connection between quality of work and quantity of material reward; money is not evil--it is just concentrated energy.:cool:
I love the timeless feeling when I'm doing all I can in a crown (that a client will never see), and not thinking about the clock. Just me in the tree, me and the tree. Smart, tree-valuing clients sense what you're up to and will trust their trees to your care.:)
That kind of work builds accounts that are like annuities, paving the way to your silver years with gold.
mm: "it's not a well-paying industry". Compared to what? I think it's ok.

Outlaw Liquidambar Guy

If I have done a day in a pohutakawa (metrocidious) and havent had to reach for my noisy little friend I know I have left the smoothest and closest cuts possible and done the best job I can and so do my clients.

Old chainsaw bars make great swords!

MB, in a post you said a climbing competition will not make you money. I disagree. If you win you will make money. Just attending and partisipating you will gain a wealth of climbing techniuqes that could make you more productive and make you more money.

Originally posted by MasterBlaster

Will I ever climb competitively?
Will it make me money?

Where did I say that? As usual, people can't seem to understand my printed words. Nuttin new. :(

So, whats the top prize money?

Silky blades are case hardened so they loose temper easlily, and the shae of the blade does not allow regrinding the teeth. The blade is thicker right at the teeth to reduce binding in the curf.

I've talekd to a couple of guys who say light honing will extend the life of the blade. I've been meaning to check it out.....

hand saws

Does anyone else out there use Simple Green to clean their hand saw blades? I've used it on my table saw blades to clean the gum off them also. MB, the hand saws have a use in trimming the small stuff but 3" and up I like the power saw both are there to get the job done. On removals my hand saws don't get much use, an occasional small limb in the way will see the hand saw.

Re: hand saws

Originally posted by geofore
MB, the hand saws have a use in trimming the small stuff but 3" and up I like the power saw both are there to get the job done.

IMO, the handsaw is for the finishing touches, NOT the complete trim.
And if I didn't have my handsaw at my side, I would go home.

Ya'll got me repeating myself. You still ain't down with that punctuation thing, huh Mike?

Back