Has anyone else bought a Hutzl bar and chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had a MS 250 that needed a B&C and there just happened to be a 14" bar and 3/8 low pro chain loop show up on their new site, so I grabbed it out of pure curiosity. Quality is decent, but more interestingly the chain is square ground. I'll grab some pictures once my camera is charged. Phone camera won't focus on it.

aa3c1c05694f83e81114f22afb79716e.jpg

Ok, maybe my phone will... Lol. Seems my real camera grew legs again.

Where did you find this on the web site.
Maybe I'm on the wrong site.
All I can find is a bar without chain.
Thanks

Great to see someone else on here from the Great Frozen North. I grew up in Dryden (long time ago). My experience with Chinese chains is it's a bit of a gamble as quality control seems to be a issue. On one chain, several links were so tight they would hardly pivot and could never get it to maintain adjustment. Two other chains have been fine, so for the price, I will keep buying them.

It looks like they just used a non-dressed wheel, not quite the same thing as square ground:
Huztl-1024.jpg

The thing is that unless you're prepared to square file lo pro you'll have to back to round, and if you hand file it will take a lot of strokes. But it's very inexpensive. If I had a beaker and spinner I'd play with it.

I had forgot this was here. They don't have just a loop currently. My camera shows the bar in good detail if you are curious. Hopefully they will have larger bars in the future. I would like to have a few 18's, 20's and 25's and a 32 would be nice.

How about that. I was told that was all they had. Man my chinese not so good. They have the 16 and 18, wonderful. That did not make sense to only have one size. A 16" is $40 sent like huztl or 21.50$ for several weeks. Ouch. but at least they are available.

Are stihl the only ones that heat treat the bars. That seems like it should be standard do your groove holds up.

The Stihl laminated picco bar here and another one that shows it better but is far away are the only ones in my collection that makes someone think they might have overheated it and made it turn color. I can not say for sure what others do just only notice this phenomenon as the paint wears on these kind of bars. I scratched this one a bit as the paint was not real worn yet. That is the picco duro carbide tipped chain that costs like 10 times the amount of one of the loops linked higher up in this thread.

stihl bar blueing.JPG

Latest posts

Back