have a 550xp want a 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:laugh: Merry Christmas Scott
09101f0b68424d9c758aec9a5f95ea8e.jpg

I'll echo the others here, the 562 isn't a huge jump up from the 550. Go for the 372xp and toss a 24" bar on it. A 550xp with a 16" or 18" and a 372xp with a 24" will handle the vast majority of the trees out there.

I'm a Stihl guy trying to learn about Huskies. Why do they use 3 in front of some model numbers and 5 in front of others? Jreds and Huskies share designs?

Been running the mm 550xp for awhile now and I love it. Now I have this itch for a 562xp. I do not encounter large diameter very often but the ability to pull a 24" in hardwoods would be great. It would sport a 20" 99.9% of the time. Problem is I see myself using the 562xp much more than I would use the 550. I don't want to neglect the little beast that the 550 is. I have thought a lot obout just going up to 70cc but I feel I would not use it much either. I need them all I'm going crazy researching. What say you ! Give me some discussion on this problem I have developed.
I've read on the intertube that the 562xp make all other saws invalid unless you are needing a 4' bar, and in that case get another 562xp and a double end 4' bar and you will be set forever.
;)

They are supposed to be great saws: make sure you get the one with the newer carb.
The info is on this site, or ask the site sponsors like TLandrum.

I hear he is the dude to buy from if looking for them single cula saws

90% of the time i use my 562 is on crane jobs its lighter than my 372 and will still pull a 24" bar. On the ground if its too big for my 550 i just go to the 372.

I just got a 562 recently and I already had a 545 and a 372. If most of your wood can be cut with a 20" bar, I believe you would like the 562. If you cut a lot of wood 24" or bigger, I believe the 70cc saw would be better.

Ahhhh the first signs of CAD...dude your going to end up with a 372 and a 562 the question is what one you get first.

Agreed... which is first . I'm actually in contact with terry and told him I'm leaning toward a ported 562. Would drop my 550 to a 16" and run 20 on 562 with a spare 24". But ultimately this will still lead to me wondering about a 70cc and with how my mind works. Sure as sh** I will get that too

To calm the voices in my head . I'm going to go with a 562 and only mm for now. Eventually I will go 70 cc. 70cc probably won't be the last either. But my 550xp will full time a 16". The 562 a 20" and 70cc a 24"+ when called upon. I'm down to one saw right now . I can't stand not having a backup in the truck with me. 550/562 should be a great firewood arsenal . Gimme a bit and I will post pics once I purchase.

Agreed... which is first . I'm actually in contact with terry and told him I'm leaning toward a ported 562. Would drop my 550 to a 16" and run 20 on 562 with a spare 24". But ultimately this will still lead to me wondering about a 70cc and with how my mind works. Sure as sh** I will get that too

Lol, we think alike.
I already have the 550 and 562. Bought a used 2171 a few days ago that needs some work. Don't really need it but my brains tell me why not?

I have a 372 and 562 both full wrap running 32" bars with semi skip chains and to be honest not a huge difference in power between the two in oversized fir, cedar, and alder. Now with that said I'd rather carry the 562 or jump up to my 385 or 395. Another thing the 562 is a lot smoother to run all day then a 372, 385, or 390.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never cut those species. I think 562 would be at its or my personal limit for it buried 24" in Oak and hickory around here. Seems like all I cut is those two. Great for me tho cause they burn in the stove like a champ

Doug fir and cedar is soft and cuts like butter, alder is hard like a maple and its never missed a beat production falling 3 and 4 ft alder

Make sure you run a 7 pin sprocket good sharp square chain helps and rakers set right and I'd doubt you'd notice a difference in the two.

Okay... 562xp vs 576xp //// ported 562xp vs 576xp? Both 20-24" bars. GO

Been running the mm 550xp for awhile now and I love it. Now I have this itch for a 562xp. I do not encounter large diameter very often but the ability to pull a 24" in hardwoods would be great. It would sport a 20" 99.9% of the time. Problem is I see myself using the 562xp much more than I would use the 550. I don't want to neglect the little beast that the 550 is. I have thought a lot obout just going up to 70cc but I feel I would not use it much either. I need them all I'm going crazy researching. What say you ! Give me some discussion on this problem I have developed.

There is nothing wrong with 10cc intervals between your saws - some overlap in what they are suited for is a asset. :D

Back