have questions on 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delimber

Reaction score
recently picked up a 359 e-tech to add to my collection of junk, all of my other saws are older and do not have cat-converters, i want to modify this saw, but do not want to screw it up, can i take the cat out and how , and what do i need to do to the carb and such after doing this to the little saw, i would greatly appreciate all of you guys oppinions on this

359 mod

Do a search on 359 muffler mod,and muffler mod.It's all there plus pictures.you will pick up at least 800 RPM so limiters must come off to richen mixture.
Ed

Hi. I have a 359 E-tech also. Love the saw. Hate the extra heat. It seems that many folks just drill right through the catalyst when they open the muffler up. I ordered a non-cat muffler from a dealer to mod. The part number is 503 91 75-01. I am seriously considering using an exhaust deflector from a 288 Husky. It would be mounted on the bar side of the muffler. I saw a picture of a modded 372xp with one that EHP had done. It looked alot cleaner than something I could rig up myself. The deflector is available from Husky and is part number 503 58 99-01.

You will have to remove the lock tabs from the mixture screw limiter caps in order to be able to adjust your carb. Leave the limiters on, take off the stops. The head of the limiter cap itself will help hold your adjustment screwdriver in place while you are tuning your carb. The actual heads of the mixture screws with out the limiter caps are pretty small.

Hope this does not confuse you to badly. There is alot of knowledge available here, alot of good people.

Good luck.
Vince

Back