Have your ever?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little possum

Crash and Burn
Reaction score
Bought a bar, just so you could justify buyin a saw for it? :D

I was just thinking, because if you ran across a great deal on a bunch of bars that didnt fit saws you had. Would you buy them in hopes for finding the match?

Glad I am not the only one.

LOL, kspakland. Been there and done that too. I have one .264 shell, and I really want a gun to shoot it in so I can add the brass to my collection :)

If I came across a good deal on a good bar, yes I would buy it even if I did not have the saw to fit it. Its part of the sickness..... I bought a 32" nos Pioneer bar once. I did have the saw for it, but at the time it was a non-running basketcase.

Yes but for me its finding Bow bars then looking for saws
to put them on. :):)

If I came across a good deal on a good bar, yes I would buy it even if I did not have the saw to fit it. Its part of the sickness..... I bought a 32" nos Pioneer bar once. I did have the saw for it, but at the time it was a non-running basketcase.

I would call that optimism and being prepared.

Mr Bow Saw, I like pulling up your threads with pictures in them. I need to find another bow bar for some kind of saw. lol

Yes but for me its finding Bow bars then looking for saws
to put them on. :):)

I'm tempted to buy a bow bar for my Poulan 53... from what i understand that was the main intention of that saw. right now i just have the original 19" hardnose

yup

2 years ago for christmas I got my dad a new OEM B/C for his 026.
I didn't know at the time he was running .325 - I bought a 3/8.
Rather than return the B/C I bought an 026 of my own.
Seemed rational enough, hell any excuse to buy a saw is a good one.

I went back and got a new .325 B/C combo for dad too.

I'm tempted to buy a bow bar for my Poulan 53... from what i understand that was the main intention of that saw. right now i just have the original 19" hardnose

I think it will hard to find a Bow bar that fits your 53 direct drive,
I have not found one yet. All my older poulans with Bow bars
are Roller chain reduction or gear reduction saws. I find those
kind of bow bars but nothing for old direct drive.

I think it will hard to find a Bow bar that fits your 53 direct drive,
I have not found one yet. All my older poulans with Bow bars
are Roller chain reduction or gear reduction saws. I find those
kind of bow bars but nothing for old direct drive.

when did companys quit doing gear drive? the 50's? those sure are cool. i'd like to find one

I bought a NOS 60" Homelite bar with the intention of getting a 3100G in the future. I accomplished this and found out real quick how easily a 60" bar will throw a chain when flush cutting a stump.

Chris B.

Right now my supplyer has 24" 3/8 x .050 bars that are a little rusty and have some paint wore off (still brand new) (must have had a shipment sit outside) for a little over $9 a piece.

I might snach a few before they are gone....... I have a 395 they will fit but that is to small of a bar for that. You never know if I have a bar I might need to try out a 372......

Right now my supplyer has 24" 3/8 x .050 bars that are a little rusty and have some paint wore off (still brand new) (must have had a shipment sit outside) for a little over $9 a piece.

I might snach a few before they are gone....... I have a 395 they will fit but that is to small of a bar for that. You never know if I have a bar I might need to try out a 372......

That is a great price for a bar! Thats the kinda deals Id like to find.

I have a 24" for my 394. It will rip.

Are you kidding, LP, I just picked up 4 long bars last week, don`t need them but the price was right, I have 40-50 bars looking for saws and several rolls of chain waiting to be m,ade into loops to fit said bars. I just got a 46" Titan bar that needs 1/2" chain, got to find a another Titan geardrive to fit that bar. LOL.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back