Have your ever?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
little possum

little possum

Crash and Burn
Bought a bar, just so you could justify buyin a saw for it? :D

I was just thinking, because if you ran across a great deal on a bunch of bars that didnt fit saws you had. Would you buy them in hopes for finding the match?

little possum

little possum

Crash and Burn
Glad I am not the only one.

LOL, kspakland. Been there and done that too. I have one .264 shell, and I really want a gun to shoot it in so I can add the brass to my collection :)

Arrowhead

Arrowhead

RARE BREED
If I came across a good deal on a good bar, yes I would buy it even if I did not have the saw to fit it. Its part of the sickness..... I bought a 32" nos Pioneer bar once. I did have the saw for it, but at the time it was a non-running basketcase.

little possum

little possum

Crash and Burn
If I came across a good deal on a good bar, yes I would buy it even if I did not have the saw to fit it. Its part of the sickness..... I bought a 32" nos Pioneer bar once. I did have the saw for it, but at the time it was a non-running basketcase.

I would call that optimism and being prepared.

Mr Bow Saw, I like pulling up your threads with pictures in them. I need to find another bow bar for some kind of saw. lol

pmbou

pmbou

ArboristSite Lurker
yup

2 years ago for christmas I got my dad a new OEM B/C for his 026.
I didn't know at the time he was running .325 - I bought a 3/8.
Rather than return the B/C I bought an 026 of my own.
Seemed rational enough, hell any excuse to buy a saw is a good one.

I went back and got a new .325 B/C combo for dad too.

Mr. Bow Saw

Mr. Bow Saw

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm tempted to buy a bow bar for my Poulan 53... from what i understand that was the main intention of that saw. right now i just have the original 19" hardnose

I think it will hard to find a Bow bar that fits your 53 direct drive,
I have not found one yet. All my older poulans with Bow bars
are Roller chain reduction or gear reduction saws. I find those
kind of bow bars but nothing for old direct drive.

FXDL

ArboristSite Operative
I think it will hard to find a Bow bar that fits your 53 direct drive,
I have not found one yet. All my older poulans with Bow bars
are Roller chain reduction or gear reduction saws. I find those
kind of bow bars but nothing for old direct drive.

when did companys quit doing gear drive? the 50's? those sure are cool. i'd like to find one

biggenius29

biggenius29

Addicted to ArboristSite
Right now my supplyer has 24" 3/8 x .050 bars that are a little rusty and have some paint wore off (still brand new) (must have had a shipment sit outside) for a little over $9 a piece.

I might snach a few before they are gone....... I have a 395 they will fit but that is to small of a bar for that. You never know if I have a bar I might need to try out a 372......

little possum

little possum

Crash and Burn
Right now my supplyer has 24" 3/8 x .050 bars that are a little rusty and have some paint wore off (still brand new) (must have had a shipment sit outside) for a little over $9 a piece.

I might snach a few before they are gone....... I have a 395 they will fit but that is to small of a bar for that. You never know if I have a bar I might need to try out a 372......

That is a great price for a bar! Thats the kinda deals Id like to find.

I have a 24" for my 394. It will rip.

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Are you kidding, LP, I just picked up 4 long bars last week, don`t need them but the price was right, I have 40-50 bars looking for saws and several rolls of chain waiting to be m,ade into loops to fit said bars. I just got a 46" Titan bar that needs 1/2" chain, got to find a another Titan geardrive to fit that bar. LOL.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts