Having trouble? Stihl MS 461 Price and Availability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastLeo151

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have been getting no where on my hunt to find or even price a 461. The first dealer told me he has never heard of one and wouldnt even try to do any research on them. The second dealer after about 10 phone calls and one visit priced me a plain jane 461 for 999.99 plus 6.5% tax just for the powerhead, he said forget about the R model. The only way I was getting the stuff that comes on the R model is if I order the extra parts seperately. Now a couple days later he tells me that his supplier isnt letting them go until all the 460s are sold.:bang::bang:

So.... to the guys that have them. What are you paying out the door? Where are you located?

I believe I paid $1039 with the 20" bar. This was the first one at the dealer, and I bought it sight-unseen, as soon as I learned he ordered one. They just became available in this area (tidewater VA) in early October.

I got my 461R just last week and that was the first from the dealership I work for in south central PA. They list for just over $1000 here. You guys would hate me if I told you my price.

The distributor for your dealer should be Bryan Equipment in Loveland, OH...call them and check on your dealer's story...

I didn't want to say names but o well. I am going to call one more dealer this week thats kinda close. If that does not pan out I am hoping one of my AS brothers can hook me up.

The Stihl rep was in a dealership last week when I was in there and they stock nothing prop level bigger than the 261. and then the regular 290 stuff etc. I asked on pricing of the 461 and the rep jumped up and dug through his catalog and realized the dealer hadn't been sent any updated stuff but made a quick call and said the same as others report $1k standard model with a 16" bar was the lowest it could go for. Rep said Stihl won't sell it PHO. I would guess a dealer would though maybe just not the rep.

Rep said they were available here now to ship.

The Stihl rep was in a dealership last week when I was in there and they stock nothing prop level bigger than the 261. and then the regular 290 stuff etc. I asked on pricing of the 461 and the rep jumped up and dug through his catalog and realized the dealer hadn't been sent any updated stuff but made a quick call and said the same as others report $1k standard model with a 16" bar was the lowest it could go for. Rep said Stihl won't sell it PHO. I would guess a dealer would though maybe just not the rep.

Rep said they were available here now to ship.[/QUOTE

I never understood why a lot of shops don't carry anything larger than a 290. Its kinda sad, it would be nice to be able to touch one before buying

I never understood why a lot of shops don't carry anything larger than a 290. Its kinda sad, it would be nice to be able to touch one before buying

from a dealer standpoint why would they if they never move any pro saws. its just tying up there money in inventory they can't sell.

Rep said they were available here now to ship.[/QUOTE

The one shop around me does stock the 660 and 460 and was 200T but now 201 is the main shop the area tree services go to. This shop stocks an aray of bars and chains etc as well. I doubt they will get a 461 in though as they have a 460 on the shelf as well. The one I was at is more of a mom and pop lawn mower snow blower sales place.

Most of the big saws come from implement dealers and that is where I have bought my last couple of saws from. I was snooping around at the mom and pop place as I saw they had some not wroking saws on ebay and i thought I would see what I might be able to dig up which was nothing. They had listed a Pro Mac 850 and I wanted to look at it in person and it was beyond what I wanted to get into. Some sap paid over a $127 for it I think though on ebay.

Latest posts

Back