Having trouble? Stihl MS 461 Price and Availability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$795 before tax
Wow!

Where might be the best place to look for one of these at the best price in the Northeast?

I realize it's been a few years since this saw (and this thread) came out.:cold:
any reasons not to get an MS 461R?o_O
any comparably sized saw that can be recommended over the MS 461R?

That's right in line with the price I'd pay. Most Stihl dealers have the prices set pretty firm. The $795 price, according to my dealer, is below his cost.

I got a 461R shortly after I posted here in this thread. It is my favorite saw. Mine has the tunable carb, the new ones I think are all the M-tronics, which I have mixed feelings on.

I got a 461R shortly after I posted here in this thread. It is my favorite saw. Mine has the tunable carb, the new ones I think are all the M-tronics, which I have mixed feelings on.

The 461 is not available with M-tronic on dealers shelves, at some point, as has been discussed many times here, M-tronic technology will be available in a new model, possibly named a MS462.

Still building the budget for the new saw.
MS 461R is at the top of my list.
Any good reasons to hold off until an M-tronic model comes out?

Wow!

Where might be the best place to look for one of these at the best price in the Northeast?

I realize it's been a few years since this saw (and this thread) came out.:cold:
any reasons not to get an MS 461R?o_O
any comparably sized saw that can be recommended over the MS 461R?

Do you really need the full wrap?

probably not need...
i can see how it could be useful but also get in the way..

If you dont want a wrap just buy a handle , you get a HO oiler , dawgs , larger chip deflector and clutch cover along with the 3/4 handle..its 300 bucks of upgrades for 30-50 more dollars at the time you buy it..so sell your 3/4 wrap for 100 bucks to buy a half wrap and your still ahead of the game..anyone would be crazy not to..

If you dont want a wrap just buy a handle , you get a HO oiler , dawgs , larger chip deflector and clutch cover along with the 3/4 handle..its 300 bucks of upgrades for 30-50 more dollars at the time you buy it..so sell your 3/4 wrap for 100 bucks to buy a half wrap and your still ahead of the game..anyone would be crazy not to..
That makes perfect sense!

Latest posts

Back