Heads up on a good deal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an oil analyzer and use it to determine when I need to change my oils. I hate throwing away good oil. Those damned oil companies are making BILLIONS of dollars every quarter (3 months)!! Using Mobil 1, I have only been able to get 10,000 miles on my VW Jetta diesel engine before the analyzer told me I needed to change it. With Amsoil 15W-40 Synthetic Blend I have gotten 20,000 miles and the analyzer told me it was still good! Of course, I changed the oil filter every 5,000 miles, using WIX, and add 1 quart of new oil at that time. I don't know how many miles I could have gotten on the Amsoil but I just could not get my head around 20,000 miles on an oil change! I have used Amsoil fully synthetic 2-cycle oil in my chain saws for over 30 years at 100:1 ratio, with excellent results - no smoke and engines lasts "forever!" The Stihl 041 Farm Boss I bought used 27 years ago is still going strong. The Stihl 011 I bought new 25 years ago runs like it did the day I bought it. I am not a dealer for Amsoil. I don't even like the company - they are too arrogant. If I could find a better product, I would buy it, but I can't. I am sharing my experience with you FYI.

Since we are comparing all engine oils, my 7.3 does better on syn blend. I run Schaeffer's oil and their 7000 (synthetic blend) stands up against sheering caused by the high pressure oil pump better than the 9000 (full synthetic). I've run and had analyzed other full synthetic oils, Amsoil, Rotella, Mobile and the syn blend holds up best.

Since we are comparing all engine oils, my 7.3 does better on syn blend. I run Schaeffer's oil and their 7000 (synthetic blend) stands up against sheering caused by the high pressure oil pump better than the 9000 (full synthetic). I've run and had analyzed other full synthetic oils, Amsoil, Rotella, Mobile and the syn blend holds up best.
Good to know! Thanks for sharing that information! What kind of 2-cycle oil do you use?

I just bought 5 bottles to replenish my stock. This was not in my circular but price check revealed on sale .90 cents a bottle. I might have to go back for more if I get the hoarding itchy.

So......some of you are able to buy the oil before it goes on sale?

Ace flyer said sale was from April 2 to April 7, I believe.

My secret time machine into the future.

IMG_20140329_19585_edit_1396138824781.jpg

There was one funny thing thought that might be worth mentioning. There were 2 different bottles of oil on the shelf, an older looking bottle one with a yellow top that said synthetic (no mention of a blend) and a newer looking bottle with a grey top that said synthetic blend on it. They are both JSO FD oils but not sure if they are the same or not. I just thought I would mention it. I got 3 of the grey blend and 2 of the yellow synthetic. They probably had 30 bottles on the shelf.

Latest posts

Back