What's with mix oil these days?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always have run reg jony oil. Just switched to stihl ultra. Costs a bit more but from what many guys have said on this site it's better oil. I don't race saws or anything but if builders r saying its good stuff I know it'll work just dandy for a me who probably only goes thru a case to 1 1/2 cases of mix oil a year.

If you go to a local bike/atv shop you should be able to find at least one quality 2T oil, they will often have ratio-rite cups as well. Yamalube 2T oil is one of the best 2T oils ever made, even with it being a more conventional blend. Mixing fuel accurately isn't hard if you try a little.

I don`t know if it`s available in the US,:blob2::blob2:but all you guys falling out over brands & amounts of oil mix, but why if it`s on the shelf don`t you guys buy good old IPONE. So that while you are disputing the pro`s & con`s you can at least smell the strawberrys

If you go to a local bike/atv shop you should be able to find at least one quality 2T oil, they will often have ratio-rite cups as well. Yamalube 2T oil is one of the best 2T oils ever made, even with it being a more conventional blend. Mixing fuel accurately isn't hard if you try a little.

Huh. Never thought of that. Thanks, I'll check it out.

You simply can't fined Ipone here.:(

That`s a shame as IMO it`s a good oil that`s competitively priced [here at least] & now if the strawberry smell gets to you, it comes without the aroma. If it ever becomes available Samouri is the type to get [ Here it`s obtainable in 1, 2, 5, & 25 litre cans]

+1 on that. A decent motorcycle shop will carry H1R, Motul, Klotz, etc. All great oils. Most available in quantity. Expect to pay $40-60/gallon. If you decide on the Yamalube, go for the 2R vs. the 2S.

I've been buying the smaller bottles since I only mix up a gallon at a time. The syringe thing from walmart works ok for measuring out my oil. I probably run it a little rich since it has that little straw extension on it.

Latest posts

Back