Hello, new here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DitchDr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Name is Matt, I own Matts Lawn and Tree Service in South Charolina.

It was not untill this year that i got into tree work. I have been running the lawn service for a few years, as a part time thing( more of a full time) to bing in more money then my real job as a paramedic. Well one thing pours into a other and here i am trying ot run a company as well as work my 24 48 rotations at work..

Anyhow I have learned a good bit from this site ( thanks Moss) I have bought my climbing gear based off some of the folks here as wel as my saws.. Next will be a bucket truck and shredder this year I hope.. I spend as much time as i coud working for a local tree company doing clean up work and helping in pruning when needed and so on.

So once again thanks for the info on this site as well as all of the input I have gained from it.. Hopefully I will have enough business this year to keep my and my gound guy busy wiyh out having to send him to help my lawn guys on slow days..

Matt

As far as equipment goes

150ft 1/2 diamond back rope
150ft 1/2 true blue
150ft 7/16 high v (main climbing rope)
have a RADS set up
a weaver saddle ( new one coming soon)
alum rescue 8
various beaners and screw clips
12ft flip line
16ft flip line
2 micro acenders
yadda yadda yadda

Stihl ms361
Stihl ms290
Stihl ms200

A small tow behind stump grinder and a F250 4x4.

Now I need (ok want) a 60ft bucket truck and shredder

I have a 200T but I will take my Echo over any of the husky climbing saws any day of the week. At least its balanced correctly and has the airfilter were it belongs.

ya'll better shut up now. He said he could outclimb all ya'll punks hungover with an echo.

If he climbs so well why is he buying a bucket? I mean I can see the need and plus of a bucket but climbing is the fun part. Maybe he will make a 2 man bucket and me and you can get in it together TMD

By the way Ditch welcome to AS, you dont mind a little razzing I hope.

Last edited:
lawn jockeys should stick to the grass, I know or have seen too many in action to give our trade a bad name. Shredder? sheeeesh.

If he climbs so well why is he buying a bucket? I mean I can see the need and plus of a bucket but climbing is the fun part. Maybe he will make a 2 man bucket and me and you can get in it together TMD

By the way Ditch welcome to AS, you dont mind a little razzing I hope.

I would jump to my death.

Now be honest SoM. There wouldnt be enough room for you, your package AND Dan in a 2 man bucket....:monkey:

Oh and welcome to AS ditchdr. Don't mind SoM and Dan. THere "just good frineds".

As far as equipment goes

150ft 1/2 diamond back rope
150ft 1/2 true blue
150ft 7/16 high v (main climbing rope)
have a RADS set up
a weaver saddle ( new one coming soon)
alum rescue 8
various beaners and screw clips
12ft flip line
16ft flip line
2 micro acenders
yadda yadda yadda

Stihl ms361
Stihl ms290
Stihl ms200

A small tow behind stump grinder and a F250 4x4.

Now I need (ok want) a 60ft bucket truck and shredder

A bucket is definately faster but then you will have 2 jobs. Stick to climbing and then you have one job and something you love that you get paid to do!

I note amongst your gear list that you don't show any handsaws. One of the "tricks" we use is to do most of our pruning with a handsaw so in the heat of summer we can start an hour earlier without waking people up or breaking the (EPA) law. It blows people away when you do the monkey thing and finish the job and they didn't hear a thing.

:cheers:

Now be honest SoM. There wouldnt be enough room for you, your package AND Dan in a 2 man bucket....:monkey:

Oh and welcome to AS ditchdr. Don't mind SoM and Dan. THere "just good frineds".

Well the weight limit may be a little low too. Since TMD would most likely be wearing one of these

401_398.jpg

Dan you need to stop being so phobic.. there is no one in here after your mangina. Besides that I heard your afraid of heights.

Back