Helmet liner or such

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briantutt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I wear my Husqvarna helmet with ear muffs for hearing protection while cutting but also when splitting because it is more comfortable than other hearing protection I have. I have never worked in a job where hard hats or the like was required as I am a lowly carpet dweller. I have tried various ways to put a thin hat or something under it on the cold days but no real solution if it is cold and windy out. I feel like I am missing something.

What do you guys do to keep your head warmer while wearing these type of helmets?

8511e423a5d9d4cd1e39e1bbe42da471.jpg

Brian

I searched for something like that on bailey's etc to no avail. Maybe looking in the wrong places

Brian

That appears to be the correct search words options all over amazon etc. Thanks

Brian

Thanks guys I was just uneducated on the terms to use. I knew I had to be missing something with so many real workers out in the elements all day.

Brian

I use a micro fibre hat under my helmet system and have no issues what so ever.

Bingo! What I have found to work well are skull caps made for cyclists. They are thin enough to fit between your head and the helmet suspension system. Good bicycling shops should have these in stock this time of year.

I like a hoody, keeps sawdust out blocks wind really well. It gets washed more often. Just try it before you go out for the day. My hoodys are Camo hunting type and have a smoother fabric that has a larger hood opening. Not all hoodys work under a hard hat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help guys. I ended up buying these to items. The liner I attached to my helmet right away, works great. I used the thin face mask for deer hunting, very nice. Tonight it was windy as heck around 20 mph and in the 20 degrees, so I put the face mask on and then the helmet and liner while splitting wood. Very comfortable and warm even with the wind.
ac3a870aa1509eab988958510fefb34f.jpg

07eee4107eb7a12f9ccec4559a3ea322.jpg

Brian

+1 good to know. Their chaps saved my leg from my 362XP at max rpm. I owe them

Brian

Latest posts

Back