Help identifying log splitter please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tilenick

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi, i need some help identifying this log splitter i just bought it off craigslist. it needs a hose and some carb work,but, i think it will make a nice splitter. the guy i bought it off of said he thinks it is a 25 ton. i see some writing on the side but it is falling off along with the paint maybe ----derness engineers on the other side it looks like the first letter maybe a w? i looked up wilderness engineers log splitter and some other combos of that and no luck i saw a place in Aus that makes splitters but dont think it is them. this is the first splitter that I own personally, but have used them all my life for my parents and grandparents. no wood burner yet, just a fire pit out back, but that might change.
View attachment 274495View attachment 274496View attachment 274497

Not a clue

It has some interesting features.
Belt drive pump? I wonder what the cycle time is... Old 5.5 engine. That is sure a different way to mount the valve!
The ram looks kinda small to do 25 ton.

Lots of luck with it. :clap:

Looks to me that (wilderness engineers) is probably the name of a company that owned and used the splitter in their business.

Im thinking more and more that ti is home made. The paint is not original and the hydraulic lines seem cobbled together. Idk about the pump attached to the tank though and the welds look nice I need to go to mid state tomorrow and get a line made so I can try to get the engine running. I will post more pics as I progress. I can't seem to load them from this stupid I pad. Have to use the pc in the basement.

Back