Help me decide between 2 saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 543 is a Zenoah/RedMax design, an evolution of the GZ4500. They claim more power than a GZ4500, but I kinda doubt it if the GZ4500 is given a muffler mod given how close the engine designs are. The 543 is heavier. You can probably still find a new GZ4500 for much less.

So after your guys responses I considered the below saws and checked the most local dealers to get a exact costs.

Husqvarna 543xp. $450
545xp. Didn't have one
550xp. 599.00

Echo. 590. $ 450. ( from a dealer) 399 from HD

Dolmar 421. $350
5105$ 450

Redmax gz4500. Didn't have any dealers close
G53003999

I think I'm going with the 5105 . The dealer sounded like someone I would do business with. He also said he would throw in a couple extra chains and files and some other stuff.
I'm going to head up that way tomorrow.

What ever you choose from that list is definately worth using.

You will be impressed with the 5105!

Well fellas went to the Dolmar dealer today ...... A 6100 came home with me. I was trying to upload a photo but for whatever reason it just kept thinking and thinking and thinking. So I gave up on it .
I also went and looked at the Echo 590 and it didn't look to be built near as well as the dolmar.

Lol. I didn't make it in to work today, but I did cut split and stack a trailer load of dead stuff that was standing out in the woods. Dont ask me why I'm doing that. You could say I'm a little anal about how long my stuff is seasoned.
I have a lot of next years done its just that who knows what the rest of February and March have in store.
Anyway, the first difference I noticed in running this 6100 compared to my Husqvarna saws is that it revs a little bit before the chain ever moves. I dunno what's up with that. Clutch differences or the lack there of on my old saws.

Believe me if someone can simplify a explanation on how to resize images from a galaxy phone or from a I pad without buying some app to do it I would gladly load them.

You will really enjoy the 6100. Im enjoying mine more every time I run it.

You may consider a full wrap, the saw handels wonderfully with one. There not that expensive either.

Back