Help me get unscrewed...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Learnin 2 Mill

Learnin 2 Mill

ArboristSite Lurker
If you were refunded the money the proper thing to do was to return the saw. You now have a saw you did not pay for, you have shown a lot about your character. Remind me never to sell you a saw.
Don't worry, I won't ask. It's easy to sit and judge a person in order to feel morally superior, in fact it seems that you're pretty good at it. I try not to judge, lest I've walked a mile in their shoes. You don't know me, or anything about me.
I hope you have a great weekend.

Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Don't worry, I won't ask. It's easy to sit and judge a person in order to feel morally superior, in fact it seems that you're pretty good at it. I try not to judge, lest I've walked a mile in their shoes. You don't know me, or anything about me.
I hope you have a great weekend.

You kept merchandise you have not paid for. Please explain how that is just, honest or moral.

a. palmer jr.
I think he said the seller said he could keep it, postage being too high to send back. I guess the seller assumed or was told by ebay that he had to pay return postage, sometimes they do that and if you don't issue a packing slip they'll issue one for you and take it from your account. I had that happen once to me, not because I refused but because I didn't know how to do it and they handled it for me.

Learnin 2 Mill

Learnin 2 Mill

ArboristSite Lurker
I attempted to do the right thing and send his saw back to him. That said, after the case was resolved, I don't feel I should spend in the neighborhood of $100 to return something that was not what it was advertised to be. You can come to your own conclusions, I have a clear conscience on this one.

See below...
The screenshots are in order, but you need to read each from bottom to top.

image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png

a. palmer jr.
I kinda have my own rule of thumb which only applies to me and that is: I would never pay that much for an item unless I looked at it first, in person. Online sales are fine for me for low dollar purchases but I draw the line at about $200. If I remember right, the most expensive thing I've bought online is a sandblast cabinet and I got screwed on it, I got to the driveway seconds after the FedEx delivery woman shoved it out the back of her truck and it landed on it's corner, ruining it. I took it in the garage and it leaked like crazy..