help with husky 372xp ignition problem/question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjw4413

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I own two 2007 husky 372xp saws and both developed the same problem within a week. The saws would almost fire when you attempted to start them but would not run. I installed new spark plugs and changed the air filters. I also changed the gas to be a 100% sure in wasn't a fuel issue. Before I started wasting money on replacing parts I decided to take the saws to a local husky dealer/repair shop. I was told today that both coils were bad and needed to be replaced. The service tech told me that he installed another coil from a different saw on both saws and they fired right up. My question is? Is this a common problem for the huskys? When I get the old parts back is there a way to check the coils to see if they are indeed bad? Im I little skeptical of two saws having the same exact problem. Any help would be great in finding out if these coils are bad would be greatly appreciated.

John

Like the service tech did, you can remove the new coil and re-install one of the old coils. Attempt to start the saw and see what happens.

Latest posts

Back