Help with Husqvarna selection for a non-professional

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSJchester

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I cut firewood (not commercially) with a Husky 50 (16") and 55 (18") and an older Homelite XL350 (20"). Nothing wrong with the Homelite except that it's my Dad'sand somewhat dated. I want to get a mid-size Husky for use with a 20" bar and am torn between a 261 (which has been offered at a very good price by my local dealer since 261's aren't in the 2002 catalog) and a 365.

I had in mind that I needed a 4.0 cu. in. saw and that's the 365. But I could use some input on whether I really need to consider a 365 over the 3.8 cu. in. 261. I expect the 261 will do everything I'll want, probably much better than the Homelite does now.

Anyone have any experience with either or both of these saws? Anything really good or bad about either model that should influence my choice?

Thanks in advance. -WSJ

Hey WSJ, try this question on the Chainsaw Forum. You are bound to get someone who is familiar with these models. Just hit your back button and then scroll down to the bottom of the page for the forum jump menu. Russ

Just noticed that you don`t have to go back once you are reading this reply, just scroll down and then forum jump.

You will probably be fine with the 261 especially if the price is right. However if you are REALLY considering a step up and spending more money I would skip over the 365 and buy a 372xp instead. More powerful saw than the other two for about the same weight and only about $50 more than a 365. Just my thoughts.

Husky question: Thanks!

Jokers: I guess I didn't scroll down far enough in the forums list to get to "chainsaws" before I posted my question. Thanks for the direction.

Newfie: The price on the 261 pretty darn good! I did look at the 372 but it's out of the $$ range I can pay for (I can probably afford it but I can't just pay for it and that's a consideration). I did call dealers in 3 states on the off chance that someone might have a a 371 still stuck on the shelf that they'd be willing to deal on but no luck. I think I missed that opporunity by a couple years.

Thanks both. -WSJ

Back