Here's a good one for you. What would you do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a. palmer jr.
You will not get dinged for slow shipping if you ship within the time stated on your listing. For example say I list an item and say I will ship in 2 business days.

If I create the label through PayPal in that time frame, then the buyer does not get to rate the shipping time in the 5 star rating. It is blocked out by eBay

If I did not create the label through PayPal, but I load the tracking number, then it works the same way.

I thought this might be helpful.

I never did actually load the tracking number thru ebay..I emailed the tracking number thru ebay to the buyer with a thank you note. Maybe I should start doing it like you said.

a. palmer jr.
Yeah, I get burned out with it and have to take a break, but I seem to always go back.

I am about done with selling saws though.

I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna sell for a while. Maybe if they offer some incentive to sell like free posting or something maybe I might get back in the game but I hope it's not too soon.

rms61moparman

rms61moparman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Brad,

I'd respond by saying that since they were obviously queer, that they were more than welcome to blow me and that way we would both feel better!!!

You have done your part!
SCREW THEM!!!!

Mike

a. palmer jr.
I read my feedback from the latest saw I sold on ebay and must say I'm elated that the customer was happy with it. It was a great saw and I'm glad it didn't get into the hands of a scammer. So you do have some good moments selling on ebay! I still have one saw left on ebay, ending pretty soon, then I'm gonna do something else for awhile.

Last edited:
stubnail67

stubnail67

Addicted to ArboristSite
wow!

wow thats crazy!!!! I have to say my saw i bought from brad was one of the smoothest clean packed perfect saws i have ever got!!!! to bad all people did not put the effort that he does into shipping and packing he does! i would buy from him in a minute! wish all my saws got packed so well and shipped that smooth!!!! Thanks again for a great deal brad!

a. palmer jr.
wow thats crazy!!!! I have to say my saw i bought from brad was one of the smoothest clean packed perfect saws i have ever got!!!! to bad all people did not put the effort that he does into shipping and packing he does! i would buy from him in a minute! wish all my saws got packed so well and shipped that smooth!!!! Thanks again for a great deal brad!

That may be true and I'm sure it is, but if you were a scammer you could say it was poorly packed and not as described, arriived late, the saw wouldn't start, etc. and ebay would believe you rather than Brad. Then ebay would jerk the money out of Brad's account. I've heard of cases where the buyer got his money back and kept the merchandise. I guess that's what this thread is about.
Scam artists on ebay don't really know what a small world this is and they did leave their address with the seller, if you know what I mean.

bonden

bonden

ArboristSite Operative
When i buy some parts from usa ,in large boxes i have to get it shipped to my "mailbox address in New Jersey" thats where my shipping company sends the parts from over to Europe, because of my billing address is in Europe many times the sellers on eBay will not sell to me at all,but when i Email or contact the seller by phone they often do shipping to Europe anyway :msp_thumbup:

struggle

struggle

Got stumps?
When i buy some parts from usa ,in large boxes i have to get it shipped to my "mailbox address in New Jersey" thats where my shipping company sends the parts from over to Europe, because of my billing address is in Europe many times the sellers on eBay will not sell to me at all,but when i Email or contact the seller by phone they often do shipping to Europe anyway :msp_thumbup:

It seems that it has to be taken on a case by case situation. Still a lot more risk when it leaves our soil.

a. palmer jr.

I don't ship internationally because of the high cost of sending stuff there. I figure it's really not worth it to send an item where the postage is many times more than the price of the item. I once had a person from Canada tell me that it didn't matter what the postage was they needed my item.

bonden

bonden

ArboristSite Operative
I don't ship internationally because of the high cost of sending stuff there. I figure it's really not worth it to send an item where the postage is many times more than the price of the item. I once had a person from Canada tell me that it didn't matter what the postage was they needed my item.

Thats the way it is for me ,i dont have much choice if the corect part or saw is for sale on eBay i have to get it anyway ,in the last year it has not been sold more than 2 or 3 064 saw`s on the largest Norwegian for sale site.

a. palmer jr.
Thats the way it is for me ,i dont have much choice if the corect part or saw is for sale on eBay i have to get it anyway ,in the last year it has not been sold more than 2 or 3 064 saw`s on the largest Norwegian for sale site.

I once thought about taking a truckload of old parts saws up to Canada to see what I could get for them...the person I talked to before seemed pretty desperate to get some of them.

Latest posts