Hi Y'all........Messed Up Anything Lately?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reamed out a carb for a 372 to 18.5mm not long ago. I've gone bigger on the same carbs, but I got into a little passage inside the venturi on that one. I've done quite a few carbs the same way, and it was the first one to give me trouble. It took me a lot longer than it should have to figure out why the saw was flooding. It ain't no Monkey-minded 372, I'm sure, but she's a strong runner now.

Yep......I've bored into that same passage. :msp_unsure:

Well barneyrb was right, i worked on that stinkin mini mac for a long time. got it back to gether and got it running good. Started good for a couple days after that. it sat for about a week and the POS won't hit a lick.:dizzy:barney told me that would happen.Still might UPS all of em to DSS.

I had an old 044 go "pop" just as I was thinkin darn this bugger is runnin almost too well. Not runnin anymore.

Wow 19 members have come in to see what the "Great Mastermind" has goofed up.:cheers:

I've only destroyed a couple of jugs......made a few that weren't good enough runners......but only a couple that were trash.

Most things can be saved.........trashed plating can't.

Oh well........I'm still digging building these saws. :cheers:

We all love success but it's nice to have a "what not to do" thread to keep us in line :hmm3grin2orange::givebeer:

I had the dermal walk on me straight into the plating I'm still kicking myself for that one
Last week I broke two Bakelite seals while trying to install them in a 200t I finely said enough and going to install standard seal..

I snapped the base of an old Dolmar cylinder while trying to remove the clutch, I didn't realize 2 cylinder bolts were missing :msp_ohmy:

Thicker base gasket.

Nope......the 562XP is a saw that we lose the base gasket on......the gasket is nearly .030 thick so losing it and taking that amount out of then squish is a nice way to gain compression, intake duration, and strato duration in one fell swoop....I'm just anal about my measurements being what I want them to be.

Latest posts

Back