Hi Y'all........Messed Up Anything Lately?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay Randy.........give it up......what happened?
I cant take this anymore :dizzy:

I ruined the plating when I set the jug back up to cut a couple more thousandths out of the squish band. I had sharpened my cutter and had the shoulder angle wrong......

Cleaned up a ms261 cylinder a week or so ago. Left the q-tips with the acid on them sit on a towel/rag while rinsing the cylinder in the basement. Did that say 20-30 times. Got brand new rim sprocket setup and clutch for the 261 and layed them on the same towel. Well a few humid days later, those parts rusted like you would not believe. Did a little google searching and yup muriatic acid RAPIDLY increases rusting on bare steel. Good thing it was just a little surface rust. Hit it with the bench grinder wire wheel, good as new.

Live and learn...:msp_razz:

good!

was worried I might have to dramatically leave the site if so.

are you free hand holding or knuckles on the tool rest to sharpen
or using any sort of a tilted tool rest at the wheel to maintain the angles?

Put new blades on mower this year ($60/pair). The last pair lasted me 2 seasons. First time out the grass was a little tall. I hit a softball size rock and the mower started making an awful noise. Headed to the garage. On the way to garage, the other blade dug into a tree root and bent it :msp_angry:. 2 brand new blades ruined, which have to be ordered. In process of taking blades off, I think I stripped the shaft. Order shaft also. New blades and shaft come in. My dad helps me install. He says the old shaft is not stripped :help:. Took shaft back for refund. First time out with new blades I catch another tree root and bend blade. Install old blade to finish. Head to my neighbors yard. Am mowing next to curb and get to close. You guessed it, the other new blade catches a crack in the curb and bends the crap out of it. Head to garage and take both blades off. This time I really do strip the shaft :cry:. So I head back to the dealer to order 2 more blades and buy back the shaft I bought and returned the week before :dizzy:. Never, under any circumstances, loan me your chainsaw :cheers:

Yall ever notice Stupidity seems to play a role in the equation of screwing up??

Sent from me to you using my fingers

We blew a jug off a chop saw last month. My buddy put in bolts that were too short. It popped good first pull but sounded weird! Three threads, no harm done really. Seven still remained. lmao

Well, truthfully in the last 3 months most everything has gone well (except for that 012AV) but, I have one on the bench right now that has a whole bunch of potential to go south......

Years ago my grandma gave me a Snapper riding lawnmower the hood was destroyed ordered a new one put it on. We went on vacation and it was 10 hour drive home ,I say to the wife I am going to cut the grass, she said just waite you are tired well I mowed the yard and pulled in right behind my 78 Case 222 pushed in brake to shut it down thinking that took it out of gear and wham good buy two day old hood did not hurt the old Case.

Most things can be saved.........trashed plating can't.

:[/QUOTE]

well, it can,,but the cost.............................................................................:laugh:

good!

was worried I might have to dramatically leave the site if so.

are you free hand holding or knuckles on the tool rest to sharpen
or using any sort of a tilted tool rest at the wheel to maintain the angles?

I use a tool rest on the grinder......just recently got a 8" grinder too. On these squish cutting bits I have to undercut the bottom of the cutter to allow clearance for the radius of the bore. The smaller the bore the more likely the heel is to hit.

I forgot to clip that heel. :bang:

Everyday my wife thinks so,you are aloud one mistake randy

Back