Holz Hausen stacking method

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait...

WHAT??? What did you do to that poor thing? Did your unlimited coil cause a boo-boo...? :(

LOL!! It's fine. 372's are built for service in Hell, and it's a good thing.
Had a little blue flame action the other day.
The thread "FIRE wHAAAAAA!!" in chainsaw has the details.
Runnin' better than ever now.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I built this one last winter with mulberry. It was about 8 feet high and diameter.

HolzHausen2.jpg

Soon after it had shrunk down to about 4 feet wide and 12 feet wide.:cry: It collapsed. If I were to try it again, it would be on a smaller scale. I found it to be more work than it was worth. Doing the top was a real PITA.

I built this one last winter with mulberry. It was about 8 feet high and diameter.

HolzHausen2.jpg

Soon after it had shrunk down to about 4 feet wide and 12 feet wide.:cry: It collapsed. If I were to try it again, it would be on a smaller scale. I found it to be more work than it was worth. Doing the top was a real PITA.

LOvely thing.....even a work d'art. :(

BTW: it is the same arrangement used by The Church not so long ago to burn sinners such as Joan D'Arc. "H²" in French is " burn baby" = B². Can you see the connection ? :dizzy:
JMNSHO:givebeer::givebeer:

HolzHausen2.jpg

I can tell you that your pieces don't slant down towards the middle enough.I would guess that is why it fell apart.I use a lot more small pieces set at a 90 to achieve this, which aids in air movement.Never had one fall apart, even the one the truck backed into!

I can tell you that your pieces don't slant down towards the middle enough.I would guess that is why it fell apart.I use a lot more small pieces set at a 90 to achieve this, which aids in air movement.Never had one fall apart, even the one the truck backed into!
Yeah, I know that's what happened. It was about 0*F outside and I was exhausted. I got in a hurry at the end, especially after the back fell out of it. I might try one at 6 feet if I get an inclination this winter, we'll see.

She sure is purdy though.. If I stacked all my wood like that I'd have to find somethign else to put in my wood shed!!

Latest posts

Back