Holzfforma g880 First Impression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was you not me. I was just reporting on something I experienced, sharing in a positive way. Point is you brought the "copy" into the equation as if it was a bad thing, not me.
And I quote :
"
I have a question your signature has a lot of Husqvarna and Homelite in it, how can you talk up a company that has blantanty stolen a companies design, built it so cheap the cost is 1/3 of the OEM?
When are you going to purchase the holtzfforma knock-off husky, when can we expect your review for that?"

My point was and still is copy/using/ being educated buy, selling spare parts into a market isn't new. I'm not wildly excited by the concept being exercised by those across the Pacific. But I'm not going to ignore it either. When they do good, I report. When they don't ... same MO. Just shooting straight on what I see and find. Since this stuff is a part of the saw world...I look because it's what I do. Right before this was a Husqvarna 565. Love that saw. But you are right, not many Stihls....but if u look at the channel over time. I've been a demonstrated fan of the 660 design and the 461's. And yet again it's because on my channel I just simply react real time and straight up on what ever comes my way. No agenda other than to share the experience. Not selling a thing. Certainly not aftermarket parts and saw. Or OEM. nothing. Just reporting. And I will ask you a direct question. WHAT in this current exchange has done anything to make me or anyone who would watch my video's want to change a direction and follow you? And your advice? Funny thing is those who accuse usually are doing what it is that they see as offensive. I don't see any Husqvarna stuff in your presentation. You are A stihl guy. I See NOTHING wrong with that. In fact I respect your conviction. But you found a way to leverage my selection of saws...think about that for a second. That "attack" mentality is unique to the Stihl community. And I see this as a "zero minus zero" situation so nothing to loose. Folk like u you will react in a predictable way regardless of what I do, and I simply don't care. It's tough being a Husqvarna focused guy :)
I asked you a question and I do own Husqvarna items, I have the Husqvarna weedeater on wheels and a 22" push mower. I did not review your youtube channel, I only watched your video you have embedded in your post though.
Yes a knocked off complete and fully somewhat operational saw for example is a bad thing, that is not spare parts to replace existing parts that are broken or worn out, that is flat out stealing Stihl's concept, design, and R&D, just as much as it is wrong for that holzfforma doing the same to husqvarna, homelite, poulan, mcculloh.
Holzfforma did no R&D, design, and engineering all they did was hire dozens of china companies to make different parts, pay another shop to assemble them and ship them out to the ones that only care about their wallet and not quality or safety.

I asked you a question and I do own Husqvarna items, I have the Husqvarna weedeater on wheels and a 22" push mower. I did not review your youtube channel, I only watched your video you have embedded in your post though.
Yes a knocked off complete and fully somewhat operational saw for example is a bad thing, that is not spare parts to replace existing parts that are broken or worn out, that is flat out stealing Stihl's concept, design, and R&D, just as much as it is wrong for that holzfforma doing the same to husqvarna, homelite, poulan, mcculloh.
Holzfforma did no R&D, design, and engineering all they did was hire dozens of china companies to make different parts, pay another shop to assemble them and ship them out to the ones that only care about their wallet and not quality or safety.
Heard all this over and over from one industry to the next for decades. Seen stuff u can't even imagine relative to high technology "transfers". You are not adding a thing. It's not my place to even get into the politics of this. Just to report what I see with as little bias as possible. So.....how again is your line of crap going to make me want to become "bias" in your favor? I happen to like the company of your choice's products. And that is it...they cross my table I'll do the same. The rest of this ? I have spent too much time already. SO why don't u do a video on the evils of the world .

It's not stealing if the patent is expired. It happens with many many products. Have you ever bought a generic prescription medication or do you only buy the OEM brand? It's the same thing. If you don't want to buy a clone saw, then don't. But please don't bash people that want to try one.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Be fun to turn one into an outboard as well. :)
I appreciate you taking the time to do these review videos on these saws. If they ever get the 395 released, are you going to try one of those out? I might be tempted to get one of those.

It's not stealing if the patent is expired. It happens with many many products. Have you ever bought a generic prescription medication or do you only buy the OEM brand? It's the same thing. If you don't want to buy a clone saw, then don't. But please don't bash people that want to try one.

Then let holzfforma do their own engineering and R&D

I'll just say this. If this saw were a copy of an echo or redmax nobody would say a word.
No you are dead wrong I worked for the japanese for 20 years, I know many trade secrets myself and would never stoop to that level.
I do not want to see exact clones of echo or kubota and folks talking about how good they are

Stihl boy's are the most sensitive skinned of all chainsaw enthusiast.
Maybe because we do not like seeing our favorite brand shat on and made a mockery of.

No you are dead wrong I worked for the japanese for 20 years, I know many trade secrets myself and would never stoop to that level.
I do not want to see exact clones of echo or kubota and folks talking about how good they are

Maybe because we do not like seeing our favorite brand shat on and made a mockery of.
I still don't think you are getting the concept of expired patents. Holzfforma doesn't need to do r&d to copy a saw.

I am Husqvarna guy. I have many pieces of Husqvarna equipment. I built one of the Husqvarna kit saws. It is awesome. I also built one of the 660 kits and it is mediocre at best. I'm still a Husqvarna fan and I would still buy the holzfforma 395 if they ever get it produced. It's not taking a thing away from Husqvarna because I would have never bought an OEM 395 because I can't afford it. I would however buy a couple OEM parts for the clones.

See the problem with zealots is they want to control something they can't. Your entire premise is actually crap. Once the engineering is done, leveraged, and money is made the companies go off and do something else. As Stihl is now. It's like a wave. When patents are done, the money was made, copies are made all the time on the "back" side of those product life "waves". Not just in saw with companies like Holzfforma. But everywhere. They may be more focused and effective but this isn't anything new. From military secrets to business plans, there is always a voltage to take the competitive edge by any means possible. A company either flexes or is brittle.

So there are multiple ways to deal with "copies" from within the constructs of a global economy, some positive some not. And for those watching should be an education to what the definition of self destruction looks like over time. Driven to control, Stihl actually created the very thing you are complaining about. With the tight control of first the parts availability prices and dealers, the price and availability issues rose to the point it made business sense to provide an alternative. You focus on the product. As if that is something really special. It isn't . The manufacturing is. Takes a tremendous amount of resource and engineering to replicate complex machines. Saw aren't that complex. The distribution channels, dealer networks, and all that infrastructure are harder yet to build and maintain. That more than the product is the "Magic" of Stihl. So when you have the prices and parts availability strapped down as Stihl has for years what did you expect? Huztl with the original "spare parts" focus is Karma for all the over priced crap that was micro managed into a place where competition was inevitable. If it wasn't them another company would. The rules and regs for different parts of the world don't help but that is a different story. Problem is now once that process is funded and started...by the dynamics of Stihl's policies, the rest of the industry is going to have to deal with it as well.

I actually like the reality of how this plays our even less than you because I understand it. Been right in the middle of it in other industries. As it relates to this thread, Your game is a tactical one to poison all threads related to what you see is the enemy. As I said early on, Stihl as a company actually has the marketing done for them with this stuff in an unconventional way. Like Husqvarna did with cylinders, play to the market and there is a great business model to attract and harvest the interest generated with these goofy saws. You will go around and around. No one will change their perspective. If anything feelings one side or the other will be hardened. You will become ever more frustrated because?? You are trying to get control of something that has already slipped out of your grasp. All of this is simple a waste of emotional energy. None of us make difference in the grand scheme of things. A part of me hopes u don't represent Stihl, they are a great company from an engineering perspective. I remember being in Germany when they were "ingesting" some of the higher level Cad/Cam type concepts & products like the 025 were being developed and the design of both the injection molding process and the parts were breaking new ground. Great folks, innovative products. That spirit will likely stay ahead of the "wave".

There maybe some out there who will understand the analogy with Autodesk vs. Computervison , Intergraph, and a whole host of other companies.

77268702_2606784086049949_7695611126960095232_o (1).jpg

I think they did a good enough Job themselves with the ms291...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

See the problem with zealots is they want to control something they can't. Your entire premise is actually crap. Once the engineering is done, leveraged, and money is made the companies go off and do something else. As Stihl is now. It's like a wave. When patents are done, the money was made, copies are made all the time on the "back" side of those product life "waves". Not just in saw with companies like Holzfforma. But everywhere. They may be more focused and effective but this isn't anything new. From military secrets to business plans, there is always a voltage to take the competitive edge by any means possible. A company either flexes or is brittle.

So there are multiple ways to deal with "copies" from within the constructs of a global economy, some positive some not. And for those watching should be an education to what the definition of self destruction looks like over time. Driven to control, Stihl actually created the very thing you are complaining about. With the tight control of first the parts availability prices and dealers, the price and availability issues rose to the point it made business sense to provide an alternative. You focus on the product. As if that is something really special. It isn't . The manufacturing is. Takes a tremendous amount of resource and engineering to replicate complex machines. Saw aren't that complex. The distribution channels, dealer networks, and all that infrastructure are harder yet to build and maintain. That more than the product is the "Magic" of Stihl. So when you have the prices and parts availability strapped down as Stihl has for years what did you expect? Huztl with the parts is Karma for all the over priced crap that was micro managed into a place where competition was inevitable. If it wasn't them another company would. The rules and regs for different parts of the world don't help but that is a different story. Problem is now once that process is funded and started...by the dynamics of Stihl's policies, the rest of the industry is going to have to deal with it as well.

I actually like the reality of how this plays our even less than you because I understand it. Been right in the middle of it in other industries. As it relates to this thread, Your game is a tactical one to poison all threads related to what you see is the enemy. And in fact you are your own worst enemy. As I said early on, Stihl as a company actually has the marketing done for them with this stuff in an unconventional way. Like Husqvarna did with cylinders, play to the market and there is a great business model to attract and harvest the interest generated with these goofy saws. You will go around and around. No one will change their perspective. If anything feelings one side or the other will be hardened. You will become ever more frustrated because?? Like the culture you have decided to adapt, you are trying to get control of something that has already slipped out of your grasp. For me it makes me sad to see a positive to get turn into a continual negative by folks like you. All of this is simple a waste of emotional energy. None of us make difference in the grand scheme of things. A part of me hopes u don't represent Stihl, they are a great company from an engineering perspective. I remember being in Germany when they were "ingesting" some of the higher level Cad/Cam type concepts. Great folks, innovative products. That spirit will likely stay ahead of the "wave".
Man
You can type.
Stihl always said no box store sales
Welp locally they screwed over
My friends 40+ year stihl gold business
By doing what they promised they never would.
Now bridgeport equipment and rural king sell saws they don't service.

I think they did a good enough Job themselves with the ms291...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I work on many generations of stihls and everything else.
But I won't touch a 441 or the 291
Series
I turn away modern poulan and the Husqvarna equivalent also
Actually I'm to the point if it has a primer bulb
Don't bring it to me
That's not a real saw if it has a primer bulb.

I have a question your signature has a lot of Husqvarna and Homelite in it, how can you talk up a company that has blantanty stolen a companies design, built it so cheap the cost is 1/3 of the OEM, and using dozens of knock off companies in china to build separate components to form that blue abomination you are so happy to have?
When are you going to purchase the holtzfforma knock-off husky, when can we expect your review for that?
Edit as Red was quoting:
Stihll99 I haven't been on this forum long, but in the two days I have, I've seen you triggered by these Chinese clones twice.

Stihll99 I haven't been on this forum long, but in the two days I have, I've seen you triggered by these Chinese clones twice.
Funny thing is I have some of the same concerns as he does, my reaction is a little different. I'll argue with him but I for one respect his conviction and willingness to "hang it out". So as hard as I may argue....he's just baring his heart. And I respect that. Even if it doesn't look like it.

Funny thing is I have some of the same concerns as he does, my reaction is a little different. I'll argue with him but I for one respect his conviction and willingness to "hang it out". So as hard as I may argue....he's just baring his heart. And I respect that. Even if it doesn't look like it.
Well said sir.

Back