Homelite 240 Won a Race

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extraspecialman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Today I was truly amazed.I put my 240 Homelite,[well used,well maintained,sharp chain] up against a Husqvarna 42.We were both cutting the same log,a 12" block of wild cherry.Both saws had 16" bars.The ol homelite out cut the Husky by about 2 seconds.We didnt time it with a watch,but the Homelite was very noticably faster.I bought that old Homelite brand new back around 90 or 91.I was just a kid then.Not bad for a saw I paid about $150 for over 15 years ago.

I am glad you had good luck with a 240. I am a Homelite fan but the only contest I have seen a 240 win is a throwing contest between it and a 330. The 240 is lighter so I can throw it a greater distance.

Bill

Can't be.......an old design making more power?

sacrilege....say it ain't so.....the 42 revs higher.......the 240 has a reed which impedes flow.......blah blah blah...........*passes out*

But the HUSKY HAS MORE HP ON PAPER.

:cheers: I have 2 homelite 240's, they both are 20 years old, have cleared many house lots with them and they both still run strong... I have really liked those saws.

Then I bought my MS 361 ..... I fell in love :clap:

The guy I cut against said he could out cut me 2 to 1.You shoulda seen the look on his face.Now dont get me wrong,I wouldnt recommend a 240 Homelite against a Husqvarna as far as ergonomics or power to weight,but that ol homelite just wont die.So far Ive only replaced the bar and the sprocket twice,been through a few chains.Homelite once made a fine saw,too bad they decided to go the way of horse sh#t the way McCulloch and Poulan did.

If you really want to rub it in.....get a compression gauge and show him how low your "clapped out" 240 is on compression and tell him how fast it would have cut if it had the same compression as his Husky

no need to rub it in any worse.I think he learned a hard enough lesson.Sad thing is he wanted to bet his saw for mine.I was so sure the Husky would tear my Homelite a new ####### that I wouldnt bet.I coulda been a Husky 42 richer right now

Back