Homelite 360, beginner Qs.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ashley P

Ashley P

ArboristSite Lurker
I've got some hopefully simple questions about my saw.

I'd like to know the proper oil/fuel mix for my old Homelite 360 "Auto Pro".

Also what chain is it supposed to have, or can I run?

While reading through the forum looking for these answers I came across the term "4 stroking" regarding the way a 2 stroke is running (I think). Could someone explain that?

Thanks.

2Coilinveins

2Coilinveins

Former Member
Fuel/oil ratio I've got no idea about what your saw is supposed to use. However, I run 32:1 in everything I've got with no issues at all.

Chain, no clue.

As to four stroking, do a search. Lots of good info.

lesorubcheek

lesorubcheek

Addicted to ArboristSite
As far as oil mix ratio, I use 32:1 of Castrol 2 stroke with no problems. The 360 uses 3/8" x 0.050 chain. The longest bar in soft wood I'd reccommend is 24". Mine will cut most wood fine with a 20". Hope this helps.

Dan

GAPULPER

GAPULPER

ArboristSite Member
Homelite specified 32:1 fuel:eek:il mix ratio for this saw as with most all of their saws built from the 60's through the 80's. I typically run 32:1 Mobil synthetic 2 stroke racing in all my saws as recommended by several on this forum. Most any of the high quality 2 stroke oils designed and rated for air cooled engines should work fine for you.

Antelope

Antelope

ArboristSite Lurker
Hello,
I just bought a 360 myself not too long ago.

I called Homelite's 800 number listed on their website, and spoke with the tech dept.
They sent me a owners manual for my 360 for free. It only took 2 weeks to get it, and it answers all the questions you have as well as others. It is nice to have, and a good deal at being FREE!!!

Hope that helps,
john

Latest posts