Homelite c-9 chain oil tank????!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smcowboy1974

smcowboy1974

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
The chain oil tank on my HOmelite C-9 is leaking. Last nite I had the fuel tank off working on that, and tightened the oil tank screw up on top by where the bolt goes into the housing for the handle. HOw do I tighten the other oil tank screws? Does I have to split the whole saw to get to them or what do I do. THere's got to be an easier way. I think they just vibrated loose and need to be tightened. Please help!!!!! Email is [email protected] if anyone has suggestions. Thanks a million!

bugfart

bugfart

ArboristSite Operative
I would say that C-5 drawing is a very good description. It is held on by flat-head screws (5). I think 5 I'm still cleaning... Hell I might as well build this thing now... I tried numbering the screws on this poor picture. Sorry bout the time.

5screws.jpg

Would it be dis-tasteful to make this thing 100cc? Well, hang on... I lose a few cc on the shortened stroke... comes out to about 95cc... Heck I only gain 10cc.

With a C-72 I gain 15-ish, but take away the gasket... and I have some interesting scavenging numbers here. I do lose some compression... Slip in a Bosch plug to help that... Hmm.

smcowboy1974

smcowboy1974

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
C-9 oil tank

SO all I should have to do is tighten these five screws since the gasket looks good. AM I correct. It looks that way in the pictures. I'll take a look at it tonite after work hopefully. Thanks for taking the time to help me out, it is truly appreciated!

Latest posts