Homelite Super EZ Auto Flywheel Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougandmel

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, I goofed up and broke a fin off my Homelite Super EZ Auto (UT 10580A) flywheel. I see there are several of them relatively cheap on eBay. My question is this: the Homelite parts website lists two brands/part numbers for the flywheel, Phelon(65288A) and Wico(68701). My flywheel is marked Prestolite. Does the brand matter or will any Super EZ flywheel work? Thanks, Doug

Last edited:
Never compared the two, but I'd dare say they wouldn't interchange. I suspect a difference in either the magnet spacing or in the location relative to the crank. Who knows though, they may swap, just never tried it before.

Pretty sure if it says Presolite, this is equivalent to Wico. Think Prestolite was a parent company of Wico. If you ever see REPCO, this is equivalent to Phelon. REPCO is an acronym for something like R.E Phelon Company.

Dan

A single fin on a low RPM engine like the EZ won't matter a lick. Run it. Don't sweat it.

J

OK, if you think one fin won't make any difference I may just leave it alone. I just didn't want to damage the saw if it would put it out of balance with the missing fin.

Latest posts

Back