homelite VI super 2 people.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin711

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Almost done with this saw! Been fun so far. Only part I have left is the metal fitting for the oil tank between the oil line and the duckbill valve. I've come up with two different part numbers. One looks like a solid brass fitting and the other is a sintered fitting. Not sure what the purpose would be? This is the line that creates pressure in the oil tank. Anyone know if I can just use a solid metal connection to join the duckbill valve and hose?

It’s purpose is to bleed of tank pressure when the saw is shut off.
Oooh! Makes sense. So if I use a solid brass fitting I would just have to remember to vent the tank (open the top) once I'm done with it. At worst it would just bleed oil till the pressure vents out.

The sintered brass fitting is intended to let you control how much the tank is pressurized and thus how much the oiler puts out. More sintered brass exposed means more pressure bleeds off (back to the crankcase) and reduces the oil flow. If you go with a solid connection the output from the oiler may be excessive.

In any case, make sure you "burb" the oil cap when you are done running the saw or residual pressure in the tank will continue to force oil out for a while.

Mark

The sintered brass fitting is intended to let you control how much the tank is pressurized and thus how much the oiler puts out. More sintered brass exposed means more pressure bleeds off (back to the crankcase) and reduces the oil flow. If you go with a solid connection the output from the oiler may be excessive.

In any case, make sure you "burb" the oil cap when you are done running the saw or residual pressure in the tank will continue to force oil out for a while.

Mark
Thanks for all the help!

Back