Homeowner and Tophandle Echo - Ditch it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagonwheeler

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've had my cs3000 for a good number of years and have used for small stuff, though never in a tree, but it's gathering dust since I've an 025 for small stuff. If I'm climbing a tree for any reason (pruning, setting up a deer stand, etc...) I just carry a folding handsaw - a cheap Silky wannabe.

Is there any application that the 025 wouldn't be better suited than the CS since I'm not climbing? Though there are several pounds difference in weight it makes precious little practical difference to me since it would take hours to tire using the 025. And a 14" 3/8 picco for the 025 would make it even more compact (than present) with significantly more power than the CS. I'm running 16" .325 chisel on the 025 now.

BTW, I don't mean to imply that pro's arent homeowners...:D

Wagon- I'd say you're fine with the 025. If you're not climbing, then a rear handle saw is definately the way to go. They're more stable, easier on your wrists can actually be more maneuverable than the top handle saw, depending on what you're doing.

If you're not climbing, I'd say you can get by without it. That said, it's your saw, if you use it, keep it. If it's collecting dust, ditch it.

But that said, a top handle saw is a tool that may be nice to have in your quiver. Store it and put it away until you need it.

Your call bro.

Jeff

This is obviously not the place to kick habits. :D

I've a friend who has an old beat up boat sitting out back. I asked him why he doesn't sell it since he doesn't use it. He said it is what keeps him from buying another boat...

So maybe I should keep the cs3000...it's saving me the $500 a ms200t would cost me later.

What a support group!:blob2:

I have a CS3400

Nice little saw for little stuff. It would be excellent for climbing! Also ain't to bad for limbing. I have the same situation, I have another small saw that is easy to use for small duties, and WAY more power. The Echo has not been started in months..... I will keep mine as well, ya never know...

-Pat

Latest posts

Back