Homeowner Saw Comparison 40CC Class

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't help but notice that the Dolmar 420 was absent. Guess that you didn't want to flat out spank the others, eh? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

just got a ps 421 last week pulled the cat, its a strong runner

MS 250

Even I would take a MS250 over the ones listed initially here, despite I don't like that saw at all - it just is a larger and more capable saw, despite all its shortcomings (and it doesn't belong in a thread about 40cc saws). :msp_sneaky:

That saw weights like the best 50cc saws, and it isn't a "homeowner" class saw.

It is totally irrelevant in this thread! :msp_smile:

Correction, old friend! The Dolmar 420 isn't built like a homeowner class saw, yet it remains priced as one. Not Dolmar's fault that the competition overcharges for what they provide.

You will recall a post you made some time back where you stated that only Dolmars with 4-digit designation were "pro", and the rest with 3-digit designation were "homeowner" models.

In any event, the 420 most certainly is a 40cc class saw, and one of the best out there. Hardly irrelevant.

Without cat it should weigh the same as the 241.

cat weight 7 oz, so 10.8lbs =10lb 12oz minus 7 oz =10 lb 5 oz

killed my ms180 disposable, ms362 to heavy for saplings love the saw

3hp stock, maybe 3.5hp modded 10 lbs

couldnt find a better saw

Last edited:
That saw weights like the best 50cc saws, and it isn't a "homeowner" class saw.

It is totally irrelevant in this thread! :msp_smile:

but at $300 out the door, i had no other option for that kind of cash- call me cheap

New to the site

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the site and am finding it very interesting. I'm learning a lot! Thanks!

I've used chainsaws for years, mostly for clearing brush down by the creek and for firewood. I recently tried the GreenWorks G-Max Electric Saw as recommended by a friend and was pleasantly surprised.

I've found the GW G-Max is the first cordless chainsaw I've used that feels like a "real" chainsaw. Up until now, the cordless models have been limited use tools, mostly made by Black and Decker.

Deleted link

Take a look...let me know what you think?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back