Homie 750 hot stocker!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was speaking with Wayne Sutton a couple of weeks ago and we got to talkin about homelites. As we were talking I asked him what he knew about the super 650 as there is not much info on Acre's site about it. He told me that the super 650 was the real hot rod of the 650/750 group because of the larger carb on the super. Well the super 650 is a normal ring 100cc saw, so I said to myself and Wayne what if you took that 3mm larger venturi WB3 walbro and aplied it to a 112cc thin ring homie. Well the two of us agreed that THAT would be the HOT setup of the bunch. Anyway I now have in my posession a brand new WB3 carb and as coincidence would have it I also have a homelite 750. So tommorrow whilst I am tinkerin and wrenchin in the shop, I thought maybe I would see just what this unholy union could yield. If I get it right I will post some vids.

Any thought on the operation are welcome.

Not sure about the supers having a different carb than the non-super 650s Hoss. I have a few of each and they all have WB-2 carbs and this jives with the IPLs for em as well. Granted the WB-2s have a larger venturi than the WB-9 on a 750, and I've posed the question on certain other places in web-land as to the possibilty of increased 750 performance, but also noted the WB-2 seems to have a smaller main jet opening as well. Now if you have a WB-3 and not a WB-2, it may be a different story.... I don't know their specs, but if a factory super 650 came with something other than a WB-2, then there's at least 2 varients of super 650s out there. Primary diff between supers and the plain 650s I have is the addition of a 5th anti-vibe and larger muffler bolts.

Dan

Not sure about the supers having a different carb than the non-super 650s Hoss. I have a few of each and they all have WB-2 carbs and this jives with the IPLs for em as well. Granted the WB-2s have a larger venturi than the WB-9 on a 750, and I've posed the question on certain other places in web-land as to the possibilty of increased 750 performance, but also noted the WB-2 seems to have a smaller main jet opening as well. Now if you have a WB-3 and not a WB-2, it may be a different story.... I don't know their specs, but if a factory super 650 came with something other than a WB-2, then there's at least 2 varients of super 650s out there. Primary diff between supers and the plain 650s I have is the addition of a 5th anti-vibe and larger muffler bolts.

Dan

Thanks for the info, i'll take all I can get. I will check on the jet size on the WB3.

Tknow that the WB3 walbro is used widely in Kart racing, so I hope the jets are not too restrictive. I will compare tommorrow before I perforn surgery.

Hoss,

After our conversation a couple weeks back I meant to dig out a 650 super. I never got to it I will try in a day or 2 and look at the carb.

Bill

Here's pics of a WB-2 and a WB-9. Its pretty easy to tell here the venturi is larger on the WB-2. This has been a big mystery to me for a while now that the 650s had a bigger carb than the 750s.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dan

Latest posts

Back